Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Where can I find bamboo halves in So Calif?

Pages: 1 7 replies

K

Oceanic Arts is out and won't have any for a month. Where else can I find bamboo halves in various sizes in southern California?

T

On 2007-05-02 10:50, ketchjb wrote:
Oceanic Arts is out and won't have any for a month. Where else can I find bamboo halves in various sizes in southern California?

Yikes...looks like you have to go to San Diego...there's a backyard Bamboo place that sells it...I forgot the name, but a search in here under "locating tiki" and San Diego led me there.....

D

Tiki Land
san diego ca
619. 291. TIKI (8454)
tikiland.net

go to franks cane and rush in Huntington beach or order from them and pick it up. I don't think they're open on the weekend.

http://www.franksupply.com/

they're much closer than san diego

you can also buy them whole and split them yourself - they're real easy to split

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2007-05-02 13:47 ]

GT

Leroy From Oceanic Art's will cut bamboo in halves, I have my home covered with it, Buy It, what you need and pick it up later, If not in stock, Talk to the owner Leroy, He will help you out, On the other hand, There is a new bamboo store that has opened up, Here in H.B. last week! Forgot the name all ready and haven't walked in yet, but it's on Warner, Cross Bolsa Chica heading north from PCH, Left side across from the Goodyear Dealer which is on the right, The sign advertises Bamboo and Custom Bamboo, Maybe That helps? Gogo

Is Benson Imports a possibility?

T

I've bought some from Butler Box and Stake off Harbor Blvd (I think it was) in Garden Grove. The place in HB sounds like it's probably closer, but I got some good stuff at Butler. Used it to make my home tiki bar. They'll cut in half for you, too.
I haven't got the phone number for Butler but you can probably find them in a phonebook.

K

Thanks to all who replied. I found what I needed at Frank's Cane & Rush Supply in Huntington Beach. They have most Tiki construction materials. Nice people too. Their web site is http://www.franksupply.com. I got 2" bamboo (12 feet long) and they cut it in two for $2 a cut. Also got a seagrass carpet.

Pages: 1 7 replies