Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

seashell style drink glasses

Pages: 1 7 replies

S

Hi, I am looking to purchase a bunch of larger seashells for use as our speciaty drinks at Sams Seafood. If anyone has any Ideas of neat Seashells to us for us please email me. alan

P

Oceanic Arts usually has seashell bowls in white plastic in various sizes. I have used them as Scorpion bowls and while they don't look as good as the porcelein seashell bowls that Don the Beachcomber once used they look OK, work fine and are relatively inexpensive.

TT

The white plastic shells look like this:

You can get them online at

http://www.globeequipment.com/Catalog/Catering+Supplies/Serving+and+Display/CON!0340W.html

GT

I know they also come in some other colors, Tommy gave some to me, since I used to visit Sam's often I have like four different colors, here's an example:

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-05-04 21:17 ]

T

The white plastic is the only thing I've seen. What about the old nautilus shells like they used to use at Vics? Too expensive to go vintage, but you could always Tiki Farm make you a couple. Now, I don't know how much it costs to have Tiki Farm make custom anything, but if you don't plan on giving away or selling these, you won't need to have as many made.
Another alternative is to use the Dynasty Wholesale Hula or Volcano Bowls. Not sure if they have seashell bowls.

GT

More Examples: You should serve this drink, with long straws, make the drink like a sea-breeze with pineapple splash, blended and Icy, That's how I remember It :) Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-05-04 21:41 ]

GT

Maybe, I'll try one of these to see if the can be made into a ceramic mold?

Another possibility is to go on e-Bay and buy up a bunch of vintage Frankoma shell mugs. There's a sale on right now for several of the shell bowls.

Go to http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Mint-Frankoma-Shell-Salad-Bowls_W0QQitemZ330115020891QQihZ014QQcategoryZ449QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pages: 1 7 replies