Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

The Juan Ho from Hula's in Monterey

Pages: 1 6 replies

H
Helz posted on Thu, May 3, 2007 7:12 PM

Ok, so a friend of mine that first took me to Hula's in Monterey, CA (which kicked off my Tiki Addiction) has a friend that works for Carmel Magazine. And she suggested Hula's for the featured drink...and here it is!

Since it's hard to read:

The Juan Ho

1 1/2 oz. Sauza Tequlia
1/2 oz. Blue Curaco
1/2 oz. Velvet Falernum
1/2 oz. Orgeat
1/2 oz. Lime Juice

Combine in shaker, and strain into a cocktail glass.

Thanks Mimi!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: HelzTiki 2007-05-03 19:13 ]

M

That's pretty cool. Especially since I invented the Juan Ho.

Anyone in the area who can get me copies of the mag will get a free drink at FI.

J

Well, I was just wondering where I could take a little daytrip to this weekend. If I don't make it out there, I think the magazine store near my office may carry it, or can at least get it for me.

M

I think those proportions are off- you might try it with a little more lime juice if it's too sweet for you. When I brought it to them, it was called the Steamer, named for famed Santa Cruz Surf spot Steamer Lane. Unfortunately, it's also the name for a big turd, so I think they were wise to rechristen it.

H
Helz posted on Thu, May 3, 2007 7:41 PM

Martin,

I got a message in to my friend on the "inside". I'll see what I can scrounge up for ya.

Helz

H

Well I tried this tonight, I put 1oz. lime juice instead of 1/2oz. it is really good, thanks Martiki.

UB

On 2007-05-03 19:30, martiki wrote:
That's pretty cool. Especially since I invented the Juan Ho.

Anyone in the area who can get me copies of the mag will get a free drink at FI.

We put them in the rooms of my hotel.
I'll get you about sixty of them.
That should get me through the weekend at FI on my next visit.

Pages: 1 6 replies