Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Weekend in LA

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hello all..
This is Kyle, some of you met me at Mondo in Vegas earlier this year. I was the lucky guy who won best dressed fez, and the night before that I had a flamingo on my head. Now you remember...

I'm headed to LA with a beautiful girl for a weekend this summer, mainly for Maxwell Demille's Cicada Club on Sunday July 1st. I'm thinking of going to the Derby on the night before that. Other than that, I don't have much plans. Can any of you seasoned veterans give me advice or direction as to a few "must do's".

the cicada club.....well at least your timing is right...this is the summer that the 17 year cicadas make their appearance before hurrying underground for another 17 years!!

if you hit the Derby you want to do this on Sunday for Swing Night

As an aside, San Diego Dan and I are making a journey to LA with our wahines by our side. Our journey begins at Trader Vics Lounge to sample the scratch Mai Tai and use it as a baseline for the drinks that will follow. It's then off to the Purple Orchid, Puka Ba, Tiki Ti, and Bahookas for a night full of tiki time drink and food. My question is, what drinks would you suggest at the above bars - except for Trader Vic's, I know theirs all too well.

Pages: 1 3 replies