Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Kona Lanes lives on

Pages: 1 10 replies

R

Thanks to Dave Stolte of pupntaco.com (remember Pup 'n' Taco?), Kona Lanes lives on a t-shirt. They ain't cheap, but I'm buying a couple :)

http://www.pupntaco.com/t-shirts.html

I dig the Fountain Valley Drive-In shirt. Sneaking in by way of the trunk and many underage boozy nights were spent there. Just wish the shirt wasn't yellow. Thanks for the link!

I wonder where he got the neon sign art work from... :)

On 2007-05-07 12:11, bigbrotiki wrote:
I wonder where he got the neon sign art work from... :)

..your book??

..i think the whole weathered effect is alittle overdone....for that price i would rather have a crisp lookin logo that will look that weathered anyway over time and several hundred washings....i'll pass on this one.

Mmmmmm. I used to love Pup'n'Taco! Had one right down the street when I was growing up.

D
dibroc posted on Mon, May 7, 2007 5:42 PM

ok I guess I am going to say one of those things that makes us sound old. I remember going to Pup n Taco when it cost 19 cents for a dog or taco. on a summer day in Pasadena if you had a buck and a bike you were golden, a stop at the stop and go to load up on snacks, a day at the High school pool and pup n taco on the way home. you even had a little change left over. Man I fell old right now. I need a beer.

Tipsy, to each his/her own, I guess. I like the look, but a looks-like-new option might not be a bad thing to suggest.

Dibrock, I know exactly how you feel—what is now a Taco Bell at Harbor and Wilson in Costa Mesa was a Pup 'n' Taco until the middle 80s, and my favorites were the combo burrito (double "wrapped", the tortillas tended to break) and the chili dog (no offense to what was then Der Wienerschnitzel, but P'n'T's were better).

Got mine yesterday; my daughter, who was only ever in the building once, hasn't taken hers off, even wearing it to a school event last night :D

TS

PupN'Taco!!! :o Remember their crinkle cut fries!?????Jeezus I feel like Dibroc does....The one I used to frequent was on Rindge and Artesia in Redondo Beach...They since have lost the Pup, and added the Bell...:(
Good food, and i seem to recall a taco burger they had....I'm going to order a shirt now for my girl. thanks for link!

I think you're right; "Taco on a Bun", was it?

Pages: 1 10 replies