Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Another Discussion Group

Pages: 1 9 replies

A

If your into Collecting Hawaiiania/Polynesian art such as Coco Joe's, HIP, and other companies Hula girls, Frank Schirman pieces, Paintings and Prints, etc. I have started a Yahoo Group where we can share information and share iamges of our collections with each other.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Island_Art/

Enjoy!

That seems fair, a good deed, so that the Hawaiiana lovers do not have to feel ghetto-ized here any longer, like the Parrotheads rightfully do. :D

Note: The Book of Tiki purposely has only 0.2 % (approx.) items actually from the Islands in it.

On 2007-05-08 15:37, bigbrotiki wrote:
That seems fair, a good deed, so that the Hawaiiana lovers do not have to feel ghetto-ized here any longer, like the Parrotheads rightfully do. :D

Note: The Book of Tiki purposely has only 0.2 % (approx.) items actually from the Islands in it.

Good sales pitch Bigbro!

Arrrrrrrrr!!!

Well, no, ...it would be if my dear publisher would order the 4th printing of the BOT and make it available again, he is not telling me why the frig he's sittin' on it, and what his plans are!

It just was a further attempt to point out that I intentionally kept things to a certain region ( the mainland) to define the genre (just like I kept it within a certain time frame). Hawaiiana, though they mingle well with, are a different genre than Tiki.

Again, if you collect Hawaiiania and Polynesian items and want to talk about, share information, show your collections, then please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Island_Art/

If your into Frank Schirman pieces, CoCo Joes, HIP,etc. Then join!!!

M

^^^^ ? ^^^^
We are all into it. If you are recruiting folks to join, once was more than enough.

Don't dismiss folks here.

The problem here is as the Title states. It's Tiki Central, and the majority of the traffic is about Tiki's and Tiki Mugs. While they are very cool, and I'll probably start collecting them. There is not much discussion about other things. Also, it seems that images have a tendancy to disappear from this site.

Thanks for your reply!

There are other Yahoo groups that discuss what your interests are. Maybe some of the TCers are already on those boards. I searched under "Hawaiiana" in the Ygroups. There looked to be three. Yours did not show up though. You misspelled Hawaiiana. When that is corrected you will get more traffic when people do their searches.

I am sure you searched every forum here at TC. YOu must have noticed the Coco Joes thread. There is also a section called beyond tiki where many non-tiki discussions occur.

Is it "maikai pomaikai" or just "maikai"?

Aloooooha

C

On 2007-05-09 11:13, bigbrotiki wrote:
Well, no, ...it would be if my dear publisher would order the 4th printing of the BOT and make it available again, he is not telling me why the frig he's sittin' on it, and what his plans are!

Maybe he's one of the ones selling them on EBay for a premium :lol:

T

Once they 'banned' me from here I'll be right over !!!!

Pages: 1 9 replies