Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

FREE aac blocks San Pedro, CA

Pages: 1 9 replies

FREE - I have 5 blocks of the AAC concrete material that needs to leave my garage. They are unused and I will honestly never get around to carving with them. They are your standard 2 foot size

PM or email at [email protected] if you're interested.

I don't want to drive them anywhere or ship them. If you want them, you need to come and get them.

for ideas on what you can create with AAC and how to work with it, check out this thread:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16053&forum=7&hilite=aac

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2007-05-10 13:14 ]

H
hewey posted on Thu, May 10, 2007 4:37 PM

AAC is great for beginners. Have a go!

Thanks for the plug, Hewey. YOu've done some good carving with the AAC.

The blocks are going to a new home and to a very creative individual as well! Can't wait to see what they turn into!

Hey Polynesiac, your sig pic's head would make a fine AAC block sculpture! Can I have 'em back? Gave all mine away... :lol:

A-A: i've got a ton of AAC blocks left; next time you're in FL, stop by and load up!

Jumpin' jehosafat! the AAC carvers are coming out of the woodwork....

Thanks Palama! Haha, actually I was just messing with Jim - I still have one block left at home.

On a side note re: toting AAC blocks across the country... I tried to bring Mr. 8 FT an AAC Block in my luggage when I flew out to Tennessee for Coon Tiki 1. I was a little paranoid that the TSA would think it was some kind of suspicious cargo or whatever. Not to worry. When I tried to check my luggage, they informed me I was over the allowable weight and that it would cost an extra $100 or so to check my $3.50 piece of AAC block. Into the trash it went!

Really, Jim, you should save yourself atleast one block & carve the Pirate-Marq Tiki Head. That would look pretty cool!

On a side note re: toting AAC blocks across the country... I tried to bring Mr. 8 FT an AAC Block in my luggage when I flew out to Tennessee for Coon Tiki 1. I was a little paranoid that the TSA would think it was some kind of suspicious cargo or whatever. Not to worry. When I tried to check my luggage, they informed me I was over the allowable weight and that it would cost an extra $100 or so to check my $3.50 piece of AAC block. Into the trash it went!

great story!

Next time try it as a carryon! - The look on the faces of everyone on the plane would be priceless as you stuff that dusty block into the overhead....or holding a 2ft piece of concrete under your arm with your shoes off, waiting in the security line...

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2007-05-11 12:52 ]

H
hewey posted on Fri, May 11, 2007 6:38 PM

Marcus has taken a wooden tiki onto a plane as his carry on luggage :lol: He just tied on a rope carry handle. Apparently he got some funny looks :lol:

8T

On 2007-05-11 12:51, Polynesiac wrote:

great story!

NOT SO GREAT, I STILL DON'T HAVE ANY AAC BLOCKS. :(

I still appreciate the effort though.

Pages: 1 9 replies