Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki artisans needed for Trader Vic Atlanta event on May 19th

Pages: 1 5 replies

Trader Vic's is hosting an all-day poolside event on Saturday, May 19th entitled "Lavapalooza". I know that Derek's gonna be there but they'd like to have some more local (or if you want to travel) Tiki artisans on board. Specfically, they're looking for carvers, lei makers, artist's... you know, you creative types. If you're interested, please contact my pal Pallava via email at [email protected]. There's no charge to set-up & vend at this event!

To learn more about this event, you can check it out at http://www.tradervicsatlanta.com.

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-05-10 17:36 ]

Man I've heard of LAST MINUTE but wow!

You saying Trader Vic's didn't know they were going to have this event until now or that they just now contacted you?

F

I saw the event was going to be going on earlier, but I never saw and artist or vendor things about it. I wish I would have known about them needing artist earlier. We would have found a way to be there to help.

Damn!

I really need to get

a private jet!!

F

How did this end up turning out?

F
Fugu posted on Wed, Jun 6, 2007 2:28 PM

I had a good time. I was only able to go to the luau during the day which was around the pool area, so I can't say how the party ended up once it moved back downstairs to TV's. They had 4 makeshift bars set up around the pool area that were serving mai tais and other drinks out of small coconut cups and fluorescent plastic Tiki Farm "mugs". They also had a long food table set up where you had your choice of kung pao chicken, the pork barbecue spare ribs that you always find on the appetizer menu at Trader Vic's, kobe beef and a carving station with a whole pig (which was quite tasty). There was live music most of the time that I was there, which made for a nice atmosphere. There were several booths set up in a row along one side of the pool, and a couple of them were tiki-related. One booth focused on making and selling leis and another sold Trader Vic's merchandise. Derek Yaniger also had a booth, so we talked with him for awhile and bought a print that he had designed for the event. That was really about it...there were a few other booths- one that sold some cool looking artsy t-shirts (but I can't remember the name) and then a couple other booths for non-tiki local sponsors like the Creative Loafing newspaper, etc. The food and drinks were pretty good, and the weather was nice, so for us it was a fun and relaxing way to spend a couple of hours in the afternoon. I imagine that things probably got more interesting during the evening, but I wasn't there, so hopefully someone else can fill in those details.

Pages: 1 5 replies