Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

I need a west coast carver for special project!! please read..

Pages: 1 8 replies

hi-

I need a carver that would be interested in carving a large elviki tiki (about 6ft tall or so).....I was approached by a guy who wants to have one carved and since i don't make elvikis that large, i suggested that he contact cindy crowell, elviki's creator, to have her do some new sketches of elviki as well as give them permission to use elviki's name on the tiki.....I said as long as the elviki is not an exact copy of the one i designed for her, there should be no problem. In other words, i said don't just take the small elviki and copy it exactly at a larger size...I have to give these guys credit for going about this in the proper way so as not to infringe on mine and cindy's copyrights....unlike some restuarant owners (who will be punished shortly) but will remain nameless.

..anyway, if you are interested in the job and would like to be a part of tiki history, send me a p.m. and i will hook you up with the necessary people involved and you can work out your deal from there.....you will be working from cindy's sketches. I believe these folks are located near or in san diego......please respond a.s.a.p. I told this guy i would give him some names and info in a couple days...

thanks!!

Can you post an eviki pic to refresh my feeble memory?

bump

Crazy Al???

On 2007-05-13 20:24, RevBambooBen wrote:
Crazy Al???

sounds good to me if he'd be up for it....not too far a drive for him.

bump

..all im hearing is the sound of crickets!!

i guess all you carvers out west are in no need of extra cash and that none of you are hurtin for some side work....times must be good for a carver these days!!

I would like to take a crack at it. I am no Crazy Al but maybe they would let some no name aspiring tiki carver surf bum such as myself have a shot. I am in Ventura just north of LA. Here is one of my latest creations. My take on an Elvis inspired tiki. He is just under 3' tall. I call him Big "E"

Pages: 1 8 replies