Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tennesse Ernie Ford Hawaiian Album

Pages: 1 3 replies

Well, while diggin thru some albums at a thrift store I found "Aloha" from Tennesse Ernie Ford. It shows him on the cover wearing a blue hawaiian shirt, with a white lei. Tracks included are Pearly Shells, Sweet Leilani, I'll remeber you, etc.

My point to all this is.........this can't be good right? I haven't listened to it yet, in fact, I'm almost afraid to. I mean, I like Ole rockin ern, and I'll take some "catfish boogie" any time but Tennesse ernie Ford doing hawaiian?

I'll listen to it tomorrow and report back.

Erich Troudt

does it sound like the tiki gardens album?

I would love to have a copy of that record! Is there any way you could burn it to cd?

Please let me know! I've got a lot of Tennessee Ernie Ford on my online broadcast.

Well kidz....I listened to it, and just as I expected...not good. Just imagine the "Sixteen tons" voice singing "pearly shells". There you have it.

Maybe somewhere in the 60's some old lady in "Missoura" the closet she would ever get to the islands was by listening to Tennesse ernie sing about it.

I can't burn it to a cd for you, but I could be yours to cherish and treasure...email me at [email protected]

Erich Troudt

Pages: 1 3 replies