Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

sneak peek!

Pages: 1 16 replies

P

well, i told myself i wasn't going to post anything anymore, but, what the hell. i'm still finishing my swap piece. yes, i'm slow and a dick. oh, well.

here's something i'm happy with so far. it's a maori teething stick (i posted it once before.) it has a fern pattern in the back. i was inspired by the countless, beautiful tree ferns i saw on the big island. they are some of the most beautiful plants in the world. so unassuming and fascinating with their fractals and stamina.

it's puanama. don't know the specific type. maybe someone else does. i don't care. it's a pretty green, like a fern.

oh, and there's some stone manaia in there, too i'm working on. (along with the swap piece.)

[ Edited by: pdrake 2007-05-24 18:20 ]

On 2007-05-15 21:23, pdrake wrote:
well, i told myself i wasn't going to post anything anymore, but, what the hell. i'm still finishing my swap piece. yes, i'm slow and a dick. oh, well.

it's puanama. don't know the specific type. maybe someone else does. i don't care. it's a pretty green, like a fern.

oh, and there's some stone manaia in there, too i'm working on. (along with the swap piece.)

Slow; yes. A dick; no.

puanama; er, no. Pounamu! I care; it IS a pretty green. I dont know quite what sort either.

Good to see some new things are happening & good to hear there are some in-progress pieces in-progress. :wink:

Push through mate, we love to hear from you & see your work. You have a good style of your own & I for one enjoy seeing what you create. No hard feelings! Now get back to your bench!

Tama :)

P

thanks, tama.

P

well, it's coming along nicely.

jade never looks good when it's "frosted". it still amazes me how nice it is to carve. the siberian and bc stuff is so much harder. oh, well, i still have a lot of it sitting around. it looks like i'll be making some cool stuff from it soon. i had a great idea today and made a great sketch of a new piece.

P

here's a little better pic.

welcome back Perry!

amy

B

Yeah, Welcome back Perry, I was hoping you were still hanging in there. You are capable of doing some Awesome stuff, I've Seen it so Keep those toolz Hummin and keep the camera clickin.

P

thanks a lot ben. that teething piece is going to be beautiful even if it's not exactly traditional. i have a couple of cool things on the burner, but this is my priority right now. only a few short hours of being done. my swap piece.

Pretty sweet. I like how you did that curve/hook detail to form the eye line for both eyes. the way it wraps around and forms the illusion of the deeper eye turned out kinda cool. Nice furry bunny picture too.
Buzzy

On 2007-05-23 21:26, pdrake wrote:
...but this is my priority right now. only a few short hours of being done. my swap piece...

:D :D :D !!!

Tama

P

here's something i've got on the bench right now. it's been fun so far.

pdrake your pieces are getting better and better the easter islander is awesome keep up the good work my friend

K

Wow! I like 'em all! Next... something big and wooden!

H
Heath posted on Fri, May 25, 2007 3:46 PM

On 2007-05-25 07:02, KAHAKA wrote:

Perry, please, don't!
This is an all ages site! :lol:

Perry's already got something big and wooden. Saw it last weekend. It's actually pretty spectacular. (No double entendre intended. Okay, well maybe just a little.) It really is a great tiki though.

He's got so many cool projects sitting around his house it makes my head want to explode.

B

Perry, this club is going to be Sweet, I Love it. Look at those nice sweet lines. Very Well done.

On 2007-05-25 17:37, Tiki-Kate wrote:

Perry's already got something big and wooden. Saw it last weekend. It's actually pretty spectacular. (No double entendre intended. Okay, well maybe just a little.) It really is a great tiki though.

He's got so many cool projects sitting around his house it makes my head want to explode.

ok, this made me laugh outloud........ :)

great job perry and I am glad your finishing the swap piece, the new one is starting soon :wink:

Amy

Pages: 1 16 replies