Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

McAfee Site Advisor warning me this site could produce SPAM

Pages: 1 2 replies

Does anyone know why my McAfee Site Advisor is glowing red and showing this message ? :" After entering our e-mail address on this site, we received 3.3 e-mails per week. They were very spammy. " The McAfee Site only could tell me that they recieved certain e-mails, but not how. Please don't tell me my favorite site is selling e-mail addresses !

Tiki Central does not sell email addresses. I assuming that McAfee created an account and turned on all the checkboxes, meaning they made their email address public. Any email that gets put on a public page on the Internet will be found by spambots and added to their spam lists.

Displaying your email address on Tiki Central is optional, you can change it in the Preferences page.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2007-05-16 13:28 ]

Dear Tiki Central: I contacted McAfee, and yes you were right ! Because of my inquiry, they will change the settings so that future folk are not concerned. Than You for the reply and a great site.

Matt (bodotikiman)( An actual family name given to me as a child, because I used to stare at the Tiki At Vics at The Plaza Hotel NYC, and not eat my food) True story.

Pages: 1 2 replies