Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki on Public Radio

Pages: 1 6 replies

D

I was driving in my car on Saturday when I happened to tune my radio over to KPCC, 89.3FM, one of Los Angeles' public broadcasting stations when I suddenly heard the word "tiki."

The show was "Off Ramp" with John Rabe, a weekend interview/talk show featuring audio stories. It just so happened that day (Saturday, May 26th) was a show featuring several tiki segments: A visit to the, now closed, Trader Vic's in Beverly Hills with Charles Phoenix: Americana Author; A visit to the Tiki Ti on Sunset Blvd. and a quick drink; Home Tiki Bars with a visit to Oceanic Arts and an interview with Leroy Schmaltz and a look at the home tiki bar of Spongebob Squarepants animator Alan Smart!

I you want, you can listen to the tiki segements of the show at my blog site: http://www.digitiki.com

Thanks so much for that!

Great site you have there by the way.

Ditto!

HC

from broadcast and rant ,to interview and info this is what my web site will hope to be when it gets built ! ........ma halo

Last year I started a thread about tiki-related stories on the radio over here. If you could post links to the stories there, that would help to keep everything organized under one roof and make it easier for others to find later.

MT

Thanks for providing a means to be able to listen to this. I was at Oceanic Arts last Friday, and Leroy was telling me about this radio gig. I tried finding it the next day, to no avail. I was a little bummed because I couldn't hear it, but now I can!

Thanks for kind words. I will post a link in the radio stories thread too!

Mahalo!

Pages: 1 6 replies