Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Break In...No Tikis Harmed + Break In AGAIN!

Pages: 1 4 replies

My friend Sparky's house got busted into last night by some skinny person (can you ever really trust skinny people?) who wiggled through broken glass and bent security bars and managed to get off with Sparky's DVD player, VCR, Camcorder, video sounds system, and 3 of MY DVDs (Fellowship of the Ring extended cut, Buckaroo Bonsai, and Stranger Than Paradise...Not that you asked but I am mourning the loss). Anyway, the criminal(s) looked through everything but broke nothing and most importantly left Sparky's Tiki room untouched...Which for me is the brightest spot in all of this as it means that no member of Tiki Central is a suspect.

PART TWO: The son of a bitch came back! Plywood had been put over all the basement windows yesterday but tonight Sparky came home to discover that the bastard thief went into a sort of crawl space and, using an old pick that had been rusting away in the yard, ripped a hole through a wall and made off with Sparky's 200 disc CD player and the 77 discs it held. Again, no Tikis were harmed in this crime. There's some cold comfort in the fact that most of Sparky's CD collection will have no appeal to thieves or pawn shop brokers...Nurse With Wound, Negative Land, X, and so on...And fortunately I'd just borrowed his Neutral Milk Hotel CDs so the gawd damned mother f%#*^% didn't get those.

[ Edited by: woofmutt on 2003-01-23 02:49 ]

T

I would be very sad if I had a copy of "Stranger than Paradise" stolen from me! It's one of my favorite movies ever.

^Same here. A great film. In fact, conincidentally I actually own all three of the DVDs listed as stolen, though I didn't get them from Sparky's, I swear. Actually though, DVD is my other big hobby, so it's not that big of a coincidence I guess. Check 'em out here.

Buckaroo Banzai?!?! Man, I'm sorry...
John Bigbootey
:tiki:

*On 2003-01-22 23:53, Tiki Royale wrote:*Buckaroo Banzai?!?! Man, I'm sorry...

Sorry that he owned it or sorry it was stolen?

I always thought that the "Hong Kong Cavaliers" would be a great name for an Exotica band.

Pages: 1 4 replies