Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

rum food recipe - pick one

Pages: 1 9 replies

One thing I have to say is that writing a cookbook is a labor of love. Without doubt, trying (and retrying in some cases) recipes has been enjoyable for us over the past two years. We're in the final stretch of the second book, and should have everything in place for the Hukilau. Thanks again for all of the support and kind words, here's a sneak peak at a few dishes from the upcoming book.

I'll post up the recipe of one of the four dishes below based on popular demand, just let me know which!

-adrian

Coconut Rum Shrimp:

Black Bean Salad:

Baked Potato Chips with Mojito Dipping Sauce:

Jamaican Rum Burger:

H

Adrien could you tell us about these two books and how we can get one if we are not going to Hukilau?

S

Can you post the recipes for anything with rum?

:) Just kidding. The coconut rum shrimp sound interesting as all hell. So I have to ask what hiltiki asked...

Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger!Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger!Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger!

On 2007-05-30 06:34, hiltiki wrote:
Adrian could you tell us about these two books and how we can get one if we are not going to Hukilau?

Sure! My wife Jen, myself, and our friends Andy and his wife Laura, wrote a cookbook last year titled "Everything is Better with Rum" and unveiled it at the Hukilau last year. The response was overwhelmingly positive for the cookbook and the samples we brought along. We made it home alive (albeit a bit tired from all the fun), and began working on the second installment. We've adjusted the format slightly, from an all-around cookbook to now focus on light summer recipes.

Once we get back from the Hukilau, we'll place both the original and the new cookbook up for sale on rumreviews.com and have them available. I'll shoot you a PM once they're out there!!

-adrian

On 2007-05-30 12:04, Scottes wrote:
Can you post the recipes for anything with rum?
:) Just kidding. The coconut rum shrimp sound interesting as all hell. So I have to ask what hiltiki asked...

:) One vote for coconut rum shrimp!

On 2007-05-30 12:13, finkdaddy wrote:
Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger!Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger!Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger! Jamaican Rum Burger!

:) At least one vote for the Jamaican Rum Burger!

-adrian

Anyone want to break the tie? :)

H

Hopefully the lack of responses here isn't any indication as to what kind of book sales to expect.

BTW, I vote for the shrimp recipe.

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Jun 4, 2007 6:06 PM

coconut rum shrimp!

& be sure to post that link in this thread, too - for us non-hukilau goers :wink:

On 2007-06-04 17:59, Hakalugi wrote:
Hopefully the lack of responses here isn't any indication as to what kind of book sales to expect.

BTW, I vote for the shrimp recipe.

The response during last Hukilau was wonderful, with first cookbook responses being overwhelmingly positive. It's great to receive an email every now and then hearing from someone who loved a dish. Even better is hearing from folks that have taken up the cause to develop rum based recipes on their own as a result, or taken our recipes and modified them to different dishes.

We've adjusted the format of the second book to include full color photos of every dish based on feedback from the first book.

-adrian

Link below as requested! Awesome time in Ft Lauderdale at the Hukilau, can't wait to do it again!

Mahalo to everyone involved, and a special thanks to all of those that stopped by with kind words about the recipes cooked from the first cookbook, it really is wonderful to know we've been a small part of your cooking fun!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24562&forum=12&0

-adrian

Pages: 1 9 replies