Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Advertise in Summer '07 issue of Tiki Magazine

Pages: 1 12 replies

N

Hey Everybody,

Were working on the Summer '07 issue of Tiki Magazine. The deadline for advertising is June 22nd. We would love it, if you would join us. The magazine is set to come out in mid July. The cover artist for the summer issue is Von Franco. We think it'll be a really great issue. If you're interested please contact me at [email protected] or give me a call at (858) 722-4599. Hope to see the TC Ohana at events over the summer.

Mahalo,

Nicktiki

TS

Great choice...Franco is a standup guy and artistically versatile!

N

Tom Slick,

I absolutely agree. In addition to being extremely talented, you couldn't ask for a better guy.

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Jun 5, 2007 5:41 PM

It's going to be interesting to hear what has been going on with him. He was a buzz word with tiki three years ago when I first discovered this culture. Haven't heard of anything from him in awhile.

You should have a big themed mug making mag. (3x fast) with Munktiki, TikiFArm, and a bunch of the little guys. That would be huge, right?

N

TeaKey,

You'll be happy to hear that one of the main features of the summer issue is the story of Munktiki with lots of great images! A story on Tiki Farm in a future issue is a must. Deadline for ads is approaching. Wish I was at Hukilau, rather than sitting at this computer.

Nicktiki

Hey Nick,
From this weeks San Diego Reader:

"2:08 P.M.
Do I buy the tiki art magazine or the music magazine with Rick James on the cover? I like the carved totem poles, beach girls, and surf aesthetic of this magazine, but I also like Dave Chappelle's send up of the hair wild music producer. The music magazine is not about the comedy sketch, and I was never a fan of Rick James's music.
I am also exhausted with my mind's slavery to broadcast entertainment on this day.
I'm going with the tiki art magazine."

-Remote Control King by Ollie, San Diego Reader, June 14, 2007. p 189.

If you didn't see it yet...

Buzzy

N

Hey Buzzy,

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't seen it yet. I'm glad they went for the Tiki Magazine, not that Rick James wasn't cool.

Nick

any update on when this will be out?

I've had mine for a couple weeks now...
Buzzy

M

Just got the Summer 2007 edition yesterday and have not had time to digest the articles or wade through all of the ads. Back page: DRINK BOT! OMG!! I must get my little magazine onto glossy paper soon!

D

Anyone in the Chicago area get there copy of Tiki Magazine yet? I'm waiting on mine still.

ha!! good luck!! i subscribe as well and never get mine in a timely way though i know nick said he would work on that....anyway, i usually get mine from dva gallery i got it about a week ago...i would drop in there while you are waiting...why don't you get those deadbeats at hala kahiki to carry tiki magazine in their giftshop??? then you can get your copy early and read it at the bar while enjoying a drink.......

M

Here's a crazy idea: Mail all of the magazines at the same time! The US postal service--despite all the slagging they get--is actually adept at getting things from one place to another. The zine I do usually reaches people in 1-3 days.

Pages: 1 12 replies