Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Trip to Oslo (Norway )area..

Pages: 1 7 replies

I'm on a business trip 19-22 June. Definitely make time on 21 June to take in the Kon-Tiki Museum, Oslo - but any other recommendations? I'm at a conference in Brunstad, with access to public transport only!

Liz

TC

Thanks, Chris!

It was Kong-tiki's museum review that clinched the 'sneaking out of the plenary session' option!

I was hoping to find a bar to visit but could find only rumours of one, which was why I posted.

See you at the Luau :wink: *...Party time...*

Liz

TC

Good luck on your quest! Make sure to take plenty of pics at the Kon-Tiki Museum.

See you this weekend,
Chris

You must visit the newly opened Aku Aku Tiki Bar in Oslo:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24486&forum=2&0

A

Hei Liz!

yes, please do visit my bar, Aku Aku, in Grunerløkka. It´s just opened and you may very well be our first Tiki-Centrally-related-visitor! Look forward to hearing any coments you may have. While you´re in the neighbourhood, you should visit two of my other establishments, which are about 30 yards up the street, on the same side. One is "Bar Boca" a fifties retro cocktail bar, and right next to that you´ll find Los Lobos, a store seling clothes and good music. You may even find some cool tiki stuff there...

All the best and have a wonderful time in Norway!

Aloha,

Akujan.

Well, I made it to Oslo - between 16.35 and 18.30 today (GMT+1) My plane was late, then my bus. So I caught a (very expensive) taxi from the bus station to the Kon Tiki Museum for 45 minutes before it closed.

They were setting up for a private party - someone had rented the whole museum - and it was hard to take pictures as a result. Plus I recently had my camera stolen so I was using my cellphone.

I caught a bus back to the city and walked back to the bus station and made the last return bus to Sandefjord airport by the skin of my teeth! All the rushing about meant I didn't make it to Aku Aku, Akujan... sorry :( And now I'm stuck in my conference (the 'real' reason I'm here) until Thursday night. Though, I may make it to Tonga Bar in Tonsberg as I'm based in Brunstad for the event.

Here's some pictures:

What a cool place to eat your dinner!!!

Journal from Fatu Hiva

The Oscar for Best Documentary 1948

Scenes from the 'walk thru' Easter Island cave

And what has to be one of the coolest shopping bags on the planet:

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

[ Edited by: 54 house of bamboo 2007-06-21 02:23 ]

Hei Liz. Nice to see that you enjoyed your visit to the Kon-Tiki museum here in Oslo. I was blown away by it back in the days when I was a small kid, and Thor has been a tikidaddyo to me since then. And now, I´ve actually been granted a scholarship from the Heyerdahl Institute in Larvik to study Cultural Heritage in Glasgow!:) It´s a pity you weren´t able to taste the divine spirits of Aku Aku. But next time eh...! It´s great that tikibars are starting to appear in the haze all over the blue marble again! Innit?!

Pages: 1 7 replies