Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Know your nerds…

Pages: 1 8 replies

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jun 6, 2007 7:31 PM

Whilst all species of nerd are readily identifiable as such, there are a number of distinct differences that seperate the sub-species. Here are just some of the nerd species that you may encounter:

Common nerd. The most common of the nerd species. Many of the sub-species of nerd are often mis-categorised as a common nerd.

Computer nerd. Tell tale signs are coke bottle glasses, complete lack of charisma, and a pasty complexion. Rarely seen.

Tiki nerd. Distinctive traits are Hawaiian shirts, fez, and a penchant for rum and talking like a pirate. A rare sub-species, the tiki nerd is unusually sociable for a nerd.

Train Spotting nerd. The species of nerd that spends the most time outdoors. Easily identifiable by the Thomas the tank engine pen and notepad always at hand, and the backpack with the lunch that mum packed.

Star wars nerd. Star wars is cool. Being a star wars fan is borderline nerdy. Listing your religion as jedi is nerdy. Dressing up as a death star means you will never get laid.

Star trek nerd. Even the other nerds make fun of them....

For more information on nerds, don't forget to check out out our "Nerds for Dummies" guide. Our book is not only informative, it's also educational! Included free for a limited time only is a free nerd spotters guide, so you can track of all of your nerd sightings. Available from all good comic shops and book stores, and online for those who are too scared to mingle with regular people

But what if you are a Tiki AND Star Trek nerd?

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2007-06-07 10:39 ]

Check out the interview with the spelling bee champ/rainman Evan O'Dorney , and people wonder why nerds get beaten up in school.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2862093

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jun 7, 2007 2:46 PM

T

On 2007-06-07 14:46, GROG wrote:

But what kind of nerd is this? Thanks for the laugh!

Tikisgrl

On 2007-06-07 11:28, naugatiki wrote:
Check out the interview with the spelling bee champ/rainman Evan O'Dorney , and people wonder why nerds get beaten up in school.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2862093

It makes me wonder why CNN hosts don't get beaten up more often.

Oh! I laffed!

MT

On 2007-06-06 19:31, hewey wrote:
Whilst all species of nerd are readily identifiable as such, there are a number of distinct differences that seperate the sub-species. Here are just some of the nerd species that you may encounter:

Tiki nerd. Distinctive traits are Hawaiian shirts, fez, and a penchant for rum and talking like a pirate. A rare sub-species, the tiki nerd is unusually sociable for a nerd.

That's no nerd, that's a suffering bastard.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jun 12, 2007 8:08 PM

:lol: Good one Grog :D

For the record, that's a car nerd. How do I know? That's me :D

Pages: 1 8 replies