Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Sams Seafood Garage & Parking lot sale

Pages: 1 8 replies

S

This is what you have been waiting for, next Saturday, June 16th, Sams will be doing a parking lot sale of things we won't be using ,plates, glassware, silverware and some of the other artifacts that we will not be using,menus too. We tried to use all the stuff we could and this is the leftovers, see if you like anything. It will be a one day all day sale starting in the morning and going till?????.
Please email me with any questions and come down and see the place too.
Alan

What time in the morning will this start?

I have no doubt people will be lining up at 6am (me-self included!)

WoooHooo! Can't wait to see what treasures will be for sale :)

T

Boy I wish I could travel across the country for this one... I love a treasure hunt and this one sounds extra fun! If you have any leftovers any thoughts on a TC only sale here on the site?

Tikisgrl

Any new news about this sale?? What time??

Soccer Tiki, Hinano_Paul, Mrs.Lurker, Bora Boris, and I got up bright and early Saturday Morning and hit Sam's Parking Lot Sale. Soccer Tiki packed the back of his car up with all kinds of treasures. He purchased 2 old basket lamps with silk flowers all over them, The Polynesian Review Sign that hung in the window at Sam's, plastic shell bowls, some fish shaped steak plates and a big straw hat with a stuffed parrot ontop of it.

The New Sam's Sign

The Bar is now fully stocked. Check out these boxes

SoccerTiki and Mrs.Lurker

SoccerTiki and Hinano_Paul anxiously waiting

What treasures to SoccerTiki and Bora Boris see??

Don The Beachcomber Plates

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-06-17 19:26 ]

Finding those plates was the coolest. I think they’re bread plates and I think they might be from when Sam’s took over the Corona Del Mar Don The Beachcomber after it closed. Since they stored a ton of International House of Pancakes items in the basement keeping these 3 tiny plates from another restaurant doesn’t seem too out of the question.

I wish they had let us into the basement; I’ve convinced myself I would have found at least one more thing and I picture myself finding it while wearing a Coal Miners helmet.

I ended up with 2 Don The Beachcomber plates, 2 fish shaped steak plates, 1 8oz Pilsner glass, 1 Syracuse China Nutmeg Saucer (I was freaking out and it looked cool at the time.) and a sun burnt head.

Total spent $3.50.

Stopped by about 10:30 on my way up to Oceanic Arts and there was only krap there(even an old IHOP plate). I would have been really bummed if I had made a trip just to go to it. I guess the good thing is that they must have kept all the great stuff to keep using inside. I also didn't see any sign of the menus that were supposed to be on sale?

Nice score on the Don the Beachcomber plates and the Polynesian Spectacular sign! It looks like you guys grabbed all of the good stuff before I got there around 9-ish (I am peeking over your shoulder in one of the pix). I ended up with just a bunch of hurricane glasses.

Not worth the drive up from San Diego, but it was good to see things coming along nicely at Sams. Kind of like seeing an old friend after a really long time.

Pages: 1 8 replies