Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Don Tiki @ Hilton Hawaiian Village's Tapa Bar

Pages: 1 8 replies

ALOHA DON TIKI FANS AND ALL TIKIHEADS. ANYONE VISITING OAHU IN JUNE?

Whatcha' doing Thursday nights during the sunny month of June? We're thrilled to announce that Don Tiki is performing at Hilton Hawaiian Village's Tapa Bar all month long! We'll be there every Thursday night from 7:30 - 9:30pm. Best part—no cover charge!
So come on down, kick back, sip a few mai tais, and soak up a little TLC... Tiki Lounge Culture.

We are affectionately calling this show "Don Tini," a pared-down version of our full tikipalooza extravaganza. The Tiki tribe, of course, features those exotica masterminds, Kit Ebersbach and Lloyd Kandell, plus Rocky Holmes, Lopaka Colón, Abe Lagrimas Jr. and the sultry Don Tiki Dancers... see ya there!

“Don Tiki have a sexy allure, along with flair and a good sense of humor...”
~Time Out/NY

"A great band from Honolulu, friends of ours...keeping the spirit of Martin Denny
alive."
~ Jimmy Buffett

"Give him island fever and take your guy to paradise with Don Tiki."
~ Cosmopolitan Magazine

"…perfectly poignant, reflecting an understanding and respect of the genre."
~ Wayne Harada, The Honolulu Advertiser

"...This is the musical equivalent of an unspoiled jungle paradise with air conditioning
and valet parking."
~ Wire

K
Koolau posted on Sat, Jun 9, 2007 8:28 PM

At work this week, we watched the video of the oh-so-lovely Sherri Shaoling on your website, and totally missed the Hilton Hawaiian Village announcement. It's like I was distracted or something. Great news - I'll be there this week. Are reservations wise?

Aloha Tiki Socialite,

Yes, Miss Shaoling is quite mesmerizing.
Hope you snap out of the spell of watching her on youtube
long enough to make it down to our show this Thursday...
no reservations necessary!

Cheers~
FF

D

we went to the show last week and it was great. A few TCers here on vacation and and some locals are headed back tonight hope to see some of you all at the Hilton.

Fluid Floyd, I can't tell you how disappointed I was that we missed the Don Tini show. We were in Oahu the very day you posted this announcement, but obviously missed it. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, that very Thursday night we were watching the Polynesian revue at the wonderful Hawaiian Hut where you've played before. The next week, your good friend Doug Miller from the Big Island, in whose lovely tiki palace we were staying, knew I was a fan and showed me the announcement. But, alas, we were by then on the wrong island.

I am awaiting the day Don Tiki plays Hukilau! I know it would likely blow the entire Hukilau entertainment budget to get all of you out here, but I personally would be willing to pay more to see you. I'm sure there are many others who would do the same. Are you listening Tiki Kiliki? :)

HOK

Met a few of the TC Ohana at the Don Tiki Show...What a blast! Mahalo for all your Aloha!

Can't wait till next week....Freddie

On 2007-07-15 16:27, HOUSE OF KU wrote:

Is that a coconut in the kiln?

HOK

:wink: :roll: got my vote..

D

This just in......... Max leave the Thor Stor for a life in show business and joins the Don Tiki show!

Pages: 1 8 replies