Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

8 of Hearts Mai Tai

Pages: 1 7 replies

F

I just found this in a drink deck while I was at work. I thought I would share this wonderful and delicious recipe with you.

Enjoy! :lol: [evil laughter and thunder] :lol:

While that sounds like a yummy cocktail, there is obviously some sort of misprint on that deck of cards. Clearly the Mai-Tai would be printed on one of the Ace's and not something as lowly as the 8. And the 8 of hearts at that.... :wink:

But, I like the name. Eight of Hearts Mai-Tai. Maybe we can start with the recipe as presented (shudder....) and 'fix' it into something worthy of the name.

And, what else did you find in this deck?

A

I put these ingredients into the Grogalizer and came up with absolutely nothing. Oh well....

J
JTD posted on Sat, Jun 9, 2007 4:29 PM

On 2007-06-09 05:47, finkdaddy wrote:
I just found this in a drink deck while I was at work.

Nice job, how do I get one like that?

[ Edited by: JTD 2007-06-09 16:32 ]

K
Koolau posted on Sat, Jun 9, 2007 8:11 PM

Float grenadine. . . float grenadine. Let me give David Copperfield a call and see if he can help me figure out how to do that.

P

On 2007-06-09 20:11, Koolau wrote:
Float grenadine. . . float grenadine. Let me give David Copperfield a call and see if he can help me figure out how to do that.

Easy. It floats on top of the 2 ounces of Pennzoil.

:)

K

Since I had my Poco Grande glasses out anyway, I decided to give this drink a try - I used:

1.5 oz Bacardi 8 Rum
1.5 oz Cruzan Coconut Rum
1 oz Triple Sec
Juice of one kind-of-dry lime
Trader Vic grenadine

I tasted it before adding the grenadine - coconut flavor predominates, and kind of bitter from all the lime. After the grenadine was added, the drink turned a lurid Fruit Punch red.

Actually, it's not bad - just kind of one dimensional. It's the tropical drink you get at a hotel bar or at your cousin's wedding reception. If I tried it again, I'd back off on the grenadine and leave more of the initial bitter flavor.

P

HA.
Good one.

Pages: 1 7 replies