Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

rennovations to hala kahiki are under way!!

Pages: 1 8 replies

A few years ago the owners of hala kahiki talked of making some rennovations to the place.... well, last night i was in there (tikibars i just missed you) and found out that allegedly starting in july (this shouldn't effect exotica 2007 folks) hala kahiki is finally going to build an extended tiki hut outrigger type roof over their outdoor walkway, the main reason being is to provide protection from the elements for patrons and prevent ice slippage in winter.......it should look as cool as it sounds.....the temporary entrance will be the entrance located opposite the main entrance left of the bar till completion and the gift shop is to be moved behind the building with access through that door which means you no longer will have to go outside to get to and from the gift shop nor will you have to lose your place in line while waiting to be seated.....I am in the process of hooking them up with the old bar/nightclub design company i used to work for to do the job......will keep you poste with progress and pics......i don't think any work will be started during the exotica weekend so don't worry about it getting in the way.....but do take pics when visiting cause by the time you come back, it may have a new look!!

also, when i asked sonny about installing a tiki themed bowling alley and roller coaster in the yard he said " yeah dave....i'll have some of whatever it is you've been smokin!!"

..as for vintage tiki....there is a 2 foot tiki that was in their gift shop window forever that is now marked with a $145 price tag to anyone that wants it.....it's in front of the hawaiian shirt rack next to the wayne coombs tiki...here's a great chance to own one of hala kahikis original vintage tiki treasures......i didn't buy it cause i have no room and rather then sell it on ebay and make a couple hundred off it i figured i'd put the word out to have it go to a good home where it will be appreciated.

...damn, i am way too nice to you people!!

enjoy the summer!!

-tips

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-08-19 08:29 ]

T

Tispy being just 2 nice to us... that's as funny as the Cubs winning the World Series !!!

A
Al-ii posted on Mon, Jun 11, 2007 9:21 AM

I'll be at the Hala Kahiki tonight. Is tommorow better? I know it's a school night, is tommorow better? Can anyone come out? Anyone? Bueller?
Mahalo,
Al

V

I loved visiting the place a few years ago, with Duke, Amy Carter and the Bamboolodge.
Too bad I'm so far so I can't get a chance on getting that tiki...

I took in the Hala Kahiki experience the last time I was in Chicago on business. On the ride back to downtown, the cabbie told us all about the place and its history. He called it a "sneak joint." Apparently, it was one of the favorite spots for local high rollers to take their girlfriends (as opposed to their wives).

On 2007-06-15 08:06, BrickHorn wrote:
I took in the Hala Kahiki experience the last time I was in Chicago on business. On the ride back to downtown, the cabbie told us all about the place and its history. He called it a "sneak joint." Apparently, it was one of the favorite spots for local high rollers to take their girlfriends (as opposed to their wives).

i got news..it still is!!

went to hala last night..the front sidewalk is all tore up..looks like rennovations are under way.......

..i also signed up for the raffle to win the mexican trip!!!...what the hell......

(Just now saw your post further down the list)

Punta Cana... yea I heard that. I was passing through Chicago late last night on the way back from a rain soaked luau that I sold at, and had Jack FM on. All of a sudden this comerical comes on for Hala Kahiki. I stared at the radio in disbelief.

I love the place, but they mentioned it as "Rated the country's number 1 tiki bar." Close to home and close to my heart, but I'd put the Mai Kai higher on the list.

Good to hear they are doing well though, and will be around for a while longer.

Punta Cana giveaway though... I don't know.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2007-08-19 10:27 ]

Love Hala Kahiki.
Used to be the place my parents went to on special nights.
Sure is #1 tiki bar in the midwest
(Tiki Terrace is a restaurant...)

Pages: 1 8 replies