Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

2007 Hukilau Roll Call

Pages: 1 45 replies

L
Loki posted on Sat, Jun 9, 2007 11:23 AM

Roll call for all attending the 2007 Hukilau.

I'm in for Thursday, Friday, and of course Sunday here at the Intergalactic Grand Finale!

Unfortunately we have a private party here at the Jetsetter on Saturday night, so no Mai Kai for Mikey!

See you poolside @ the Cabana!

R
rupe33 posted on Sat, Jun 9, 2007 3:34 PM

We're in, although we're dim for not arriving until Friday.... ah well!

~Rupe

J
JTD posted on Sat, Jun 9, 2007 4:18 PM

JTD and the Missus are in.

P
pablus posted on Sat, Jun 9, 2007 4:37 PM

Here... I mean... there.

D

I'm there...actually working the event. Can't wait for a Mai Kai Rum Barrel or Moonkissed Coconut!!!

PI

My husband and I will be there, although we can't make it until Saturday morning :(

We haven't been back to the Mai Kai since we got married in the gardens in October.

T

I'm thinking of heading down there.
Maybe.

:wink:

Hup.

Z

We are heading down from Denver and getting in Weds. at 4:00 (PremEx, I think I will be on the same flight you are taking from LA). Trying the Cabana this year, last year stayed at the Clipper. We will be hitting the Mai Kai Weds. night and tourist stuff on Thurs. before the fun begins.

Zulu

I will be there only for the party Thursday night. I am going to be in West Palm on business for the Navy, and have to head out of town early Friday. Wish I could at least make the bazaar, but it looks like it won't happen.

P

On 2007-06-09 20:00, ZuluMagoo wrote:
We are heading down from Denver and getting in Weds. at 4:00 (PremEx, I think I will be on the same flight you are taking from LA).

Indeed it sounds like we're both flying on the same Teddy! You've got a PM. :)

All aboard! Present and acounted for, sir!
F

Trevor and I will be there Thursday through the event Sunday night, heading home Monday morning. Wish I could convince him to be there for the pre-deal at Molokai Wednesday night, but he's not going for that one. We will be in Key West Wednesday. Can't wait to see some old friends from last and make some new ones!
Noel/SBT

M

I'm in. Flying in Wednesday in Miami, heading straight to the Maikai.

Obviously "in" and bringing the "Blonde"..... Will give you and Elizabeth a call later today.
Note : Southbamatiki > Savannah apologizes for not getting back to you in the emails (she'll explain when we hook up)
The Kats are looking forward to seeing everyone again....Can't wait !!!!

Aloha All
Joe/Haole Kats

HC

On a wing and a prayer...A suitcase full of aloha wear and a prototype of the Kahiki fireplace mug!....Thursday thru Sunday(unless they get me for vagrancy!) can't wait!

Andy and I are in. This year we got a room at the Clipper so we can stagger back after drinking our fill (and your fill, and anyone eleses fill when they aren't looking...)

We will be at the clipper Thursday to Monday morning ! Looking forward to meeting everyone. All events, except Mai Kai.

Matt Last

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... $N@P! :D

K

It's all about the Hukilau and I am definately IN. I just got finished listening to VOODOO II and cannot believe I will be hearing Robert Drasnin perform these exotic sounds live on Friday night. That is insane. This is a major production and each of the tracks has so many layers. His first performance at Hukilau was a great lifetime memory and this promises to be the same. The first few days of the week can not go by fast enough! See you at Hukilau 2007......

S

Ms. Swanky and I arrive Thursday. Very excited again. Sneaking over to the Mai Kai for Happy Hour before the kick-off party. Looking forward to seeing all the ohana. Looking forward to being in the womb of tiki again. The greatest place on earth: Mai Kai.

Only 3 more days! :D I'll be arriving Thursday evening and staying at the Cabana until Sunday morning. I can't wait!

Jen and I, as well as Laura and Andy will be there. We're arriving on Thursday and departing on Sunday.

M

Hopefully someone will show up who has scientific/philosophic knowledge on the following topics:

The Pacific before 1900
James Cook and the Explorers
The myth of the South Seas Paradise
The universal longing for the concept of "Paradise"

That is something that I would like to capture in an interview while I am there. Yep, on Hukilau 2007 I will be filming the very last bits and pieces for the DVD.

We are busy working to make it til autumn.

Please PM me if you have something to tell about the topics above.

Thanks.

RT

Ariving 10:45 pm Thursday, leaving noonish on Sunday. Staying at Cabana.
Can't wait!
Rev. Tiki

Rogue Trader will be attending. Can't Wait for the Festivites!!!

See you there!
Aloooha!

On 2007-06-11 12:51, Tiki Chris wrote:
See you there!
Aloooha!
TIKI CHRIS!!

You mean I FI-nally get to meet you?!
Hooray! Hukilau just got even better!!
alice b

On 2007-06-11 13:50, Formikahini wrote:
TIKI CHRIS!!

alice b

Yep, I'm really looking forward to finally meeting! Perseverance, my dear, eventually pays off.

First Mai Tai's on me,
Chris
http://www.tikichris.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris 2007-06-11 14:17 ]

P

I'm a fifty-two year old geezer that feels like he's a little kid making his first trip to Disneyland.

ARE WE THERE YET!!??

:)

Heading down to Key West tomorrow, then up to Ft Lauderdale Thursday morning! See y'all then! Can't wait to make some new acquaintances and renew some old ones...gotta get another pic of Elizabeth to post! lol Chip and Andy, can't wait to sit down and get to know y'all over a drink. Hmm...maybe we will see someone dance on a table with bananas on her head again. I knew I'd found a friend when I saw that! :)

S

I will be there, I can't wait! Arriving on Thursday evening! Come and see me in the Bazzar too, with The Diva Pinup hair accessories :)

Suzanne

S

On 2007-06-11 14:15, Tiki Chris wrote:

On 2007-06-11 13:50, Formikahini wrote:
TIKI CHRIS!!

alice b

Yep, I'm really looking forward to finally meeting! Perseverance, my dear, eventually pays off.

First Mai Tai's on me,
Chris
http://www.tikichris.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris 2007-06-11 14:17 ]

Oh hell yeah! Do not let the chance to meet slip by! I have been emailing you for years now...

V

I am coming tomorrow evening. Yeah !

I can't wait to meet everybody. I just made up a Finkdaddy name tag, so everyone make sure and say hi!

L

Moai Lisa and I'll be hitting FTL just in time for the kickoff party.

King Leisure

Flying down on Friday. Four years without a vacation. Damn good and ready!!!!

On 2007-06-12 07:03, finkdaddy wrote:
I can't wait to meet everybody. I just made up a Finkdaddy name tag, so everyone make sure and say hi!
You makin' a second one for Johnny Dollar? :wink:

I am so excited you were able to swing this after all, FD!!!
Yay!! See you soon!
F

M
mieko posted on Tue, Jun 12, 2007 4:36 PM

Hubby and I are coming from San Diego! I'm bringing some resin pendants to sell, vendor space was such a deal! Can't wait to meet people and to see the Mai Kai! and the Wreck bar... and... :)

I like the nametag idea Finkdaddy, I think I'll try to make one up for me.

P

Just finished my LAX-DEN leg...now sitting on the plane waiting for Zulumagoo to board and then take off for FLL! Hukilau...here we come! :)

S

Ah, less than 48 hours and I'll be enjoying a Rum Barrel and partaking in my favorite pastime; Tiki watching.

M

damn, i missed my connecting flight in zurich and they made me stay for 24h in a little hotel in the swiss country sidem with cows under my room.

now i am at the airport back on toute over frankfurt to miami will arrive thurday afternoon. see you

In L.A. right now. Just finishing off our whirlwind tiki tour of Hawaii and California. Disneyland tomorrow, then fly into Orlando Friday and drive into Ft Lauderdale early Sat morning. See everyone at the Bum's seminar, the Disney seminar and of course the Mai-Kai. Can't wait!

I'm sitting at work, waiting for the end of my day and then we'll be heading on over. My husband and I will be at the check in desk on Saturday, so we're looking forward to meeting old and new friends.

K

Cut out this afternoon at lunch to investigate and will be back tonight for the main event.
Got to talk to Tiki Tony at the bazaar. Really a nice guy plus has great tiki's for sale.

Thors section is incrediable, I wonder whats under wraps in the corner. Says its a new painting he will unveil on Saturday.

Lake Tiki wall hangings and pendants are really nice and look authentic. I should have bought some.

Pages: 1 45 replies