Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

new tiki mugs by tiki squad

Pages: 1 15 replies

L

Loonatiki and Beon of KreepyTiki of Miami have embarked on a new joint venture dubbed Tiki Squad. It will feature a new line of exclusive hand made tiki mugs and tiki collectibles.The first Tiki Squad pieces will feature a new line of tiki mugs which will be debuted at The 2007 Hukilau in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. For more info, check out http://www.tikisquad.com or visit [email protected] on Myspace.

These are the mug prototypes by Beon and Loon. Mug glaze colors and info will be available at the Hukilau. TS will be raffling an awesome hand-painted tiki and of course, 2 of their new mugs.

P.S. Yes, Diki Tiki will be “hanging out” with the Kreepy Tiki and Tiki Squad crew! Mahalo and Enjoy!

I like the design! Good luck indeed, I would dig having all these mugs in my collection! Great Job! Keep us posted!!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-07-02 20:14 ]

thanxs alot bro! not offended at all, the name has a deeper meaning :)

ALoooHA you mad muggers!

A few weeks ago I was fortunate to talk story wit da boyz at KreepyTiki & Tiki Squad... Loon, one bad a$$ talented carver from the southern sunshine state shaking a wooden totem through jungle grass of a fez-headed Diki Tiki...scaring the natives, but that's a different post altogether!!! :wink:

So get this, Loonatiki created 'Kohonuo' a sick mug introduced at Hukilau06, right...? Oh yeah if ya aint got it, your losing out ona one sweeet mug! http://www.myspace.com/loonatiki

NOW he shows up AGAIN at Hukilau07 with a NEW venture Tiki Squad. He's offering up these snappy fresh mudders with attitude, Lil' Pook and Moee sharp & crisp as a mint greenback! These are top shelf solid drinking vessels and look damn good in any collection! So now he rips into a creative tale of his homeboy Beon... now catch this, Beon is yet ANOTHER talented artist with a yen to turn the collectible tiki mug world on it's head??? WHAT! YEAH, that's right...Loon said, "I was all proud of my Lil' Pook and asked Beon what'cha got?"

Well, Beon presents: Lokura

Now folks this is where it getsa little tricky. Lokura all glazed up in bright SoBe deco blue is a piece of work... at first he kinda has a modern bumatay bug-eye look, BUT WAIT? It's not justa nutter pot-bellied fish-eyed tiki mug... NO SIR-EEEEE! :D This is a totem-style mug (Two heads are better than one) the pie-eyed champ atop the toothy ear-to-ear smiling head below...everywhere you look on this mug sharp, clean lines, DEEP CARVES and details, Details, DETAILS!!! C'mon... I mean krikey! look at the backside of this baby... a thicket of bamboo with a signature logo head peeking out!!! THEN look at the DEEP DEEP DEEP CARVES in and around the eyes, lips and other HUGE UNDERCUTS! :o A moldmakers nightmare!! :o and these guys are mass producing this what would normally be a one-off design! :D

More power to the AMAZING TIKI SQUAD!!!
GET YOURS NOW....because they are going, Going, GOING.... (better hurry) :wink:

P

jones, you're a punk man. you get all the cool stuff. get your ass out to vegas and get hot.

those are sweet. hope to own them soon.

T

Ok, I was all pumped to get me a Lokura but went to the myspace page and all the tiki mugs are listed but the Lokura!! Give me I linky! I am sold!! :tiki:

Mahalo

On 2007-07-19 19:29, Tiki_God wrote:
Ok, I was all pumped to get me a Lokura but went to the myspace page and all the tiki mugs are listed but the Lokura!! Give me I linky! I am sold!! :tiki:
Mahalo

:o Loonatiki...Beon...c'mon now, me thinks the natives are restless! :o

Lokura!
Lokura!!
Lokura!!!

...and of course, ya gotta grab a Lil' Pook, Moee & Kontasu! TIKI SQUAD!!!

N

Yes- that Lokura design has to be one of thee most original looking mugs in EVER!
Must get it to be a member of my home bar legion.

Traveling Jones, how much do we owe you? lol! No, but seriously, we really appreciate all the + feedback on our new mugs. As some centralites already know, the whole Kreepy Tiki and Tiki Squad mug making process is made completely by hand and we've been working long nights trying to get them impeccably(because we're both psychotic perfectionists by nature) glazed and fired, that I dream about mugs. That being said, fortunately, the mugs have been selling faster than we could create them. But as promised, as soon as we have a batch of Lokura mugs available, we are going to offer them here before selling them anywhere else. Those who are interested in preordering, feel free to email me directly through www.myspace/loonatiki. Although, we are running low on our other mugs, Kohonuo, Lil Pook, Moee and Kontasu, (less than a dozen of each that are ready) they are available as of right now. Don't worry, if we sell out of these because we are also slaving over them and there will be more to come very soon. * (of course, until we really sell out of the whole edition). Anyway, I'm not very good at writing on these forums (maybe less than a dozen in about FIVE Years! but I felt obligated to do so because of all of the people who have either loved us or hated us along the way. So, if I don't respond to a posting right away, please dont take it personal. Mahalo to all.

LOONATIKI

T

Anybody have news on this website/store?

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Jan 21, 2008 2:58 PM

Yeah I was just wondering that myself the other day. The Lokura is one of the best contemporary mugs I've ever seen....these guys should be killing it?

yo yo yo!! i peeped yer site homies!! ... an interesting spin on the whole polynesian gangsta theme ya got goin on....i guess it's a thug tiki life, yo..keep bustin a bamboo move!! those mugs look great!! check you later...peace out!

T

On 2008-01-21 15:07, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
yo yo yo!! i peeped yer site homies!! ... an interesting spin on the whole polynesian gangsta theme ya got goin on....i guess it's a thug tiki life, yo..keep bustin a bamboo move!! those mugs look great!! check you later...peace out!

Sounds to me that your taking the piss?

I don’t care what kind of urban slurs you use, I would still like a good tiki!

update:

In-fact I just bought Lil' Pook!

I will post pictures on my oogamooga.

PS: Tipsy McStagger I have to say, I looked over Your site, and BOY! Have you purchased a new item for retail since 2002?

[ Edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-21 23:33 ]

[ Edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-21 23:47 ]

T

Ouch, Ouch, that hurt.[2002]..Gloves are coming off !!!!

aww fuzz...i was just havin some fun....i really do like those mugs though....i'm confused by your other comment....i believe i have new product as recent as 2007 on the site....where do you get 2002 from??

besides, i've switched gears recently...i'm catering to a high end market now with my arts/crafts as opposed to lower end retail which is why there probably won't be anything new for retail on the site for a long time if ever....

and those were not slurs....if you knew anything of living in a major inner city (or watch mtv) you would realized this was typical street parlance that is quite common - especially among teens and children...

"If you ain't laughin', -you ain't livin'!!!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-01-22 07:17 ]

T

On 2008-01-22 07:13, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
where do you get 2002 from??

and those were not slurs....if you knew anything of living in a major inner city (or watch mtv) you would realized this was typical street parlance that is quite common - especially among teens and children...

I don't like children. They have too may germs, sticky hands, and always loud.

Heehee I have no idea where I got 2002 from. I think I just like the number? Did anything good happen in 2002?

I am just out of the game when it comes to kids theses days.

Geeez, sounds like I am 75! Let's see, Don't like children, and out of touch with recent trends. I might as well yell at people from my window to stay off my lawn.

Anyway, your right, I was wrong about the slur comment. I apologise if I came off a little strong.

BTW, even if some of the items on your site are of a lower end retail, they are priced well.

[ Edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-22 09:19 ]

[ Edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-22 09:59 ]

Pages: 1 15 replies