Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Return of the Blue Hawaiians to LA (cancelled)

Pages: 1 14 replies

Not happening anymore!!!!

The Blue Hawaiians are Back!!
Stating this Sunday June 17th, and every Sun. night after that.
At the Bordello bar in downtown L.A.
5 bucks. 9:30 pm
901 E. 1st Street
Los Angeles, Ca. 90012

for more info go to:
http://bordellobar.com/flash/index.html

Cheers,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-09-03 13:50 ]

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-09-03 13:59 ]

T

YEA!!!

I may not make this first Sun. Show, as I am going to a surf show in Encinitas down near San Deigo on Sunday evening.
But I will be at many of these as I am off on Mondays
Wooooohooooo indeed :)

Jefff(bigtikidude)

Bump

So I went and checked out the Blue Hawaiians last night.

man these guys are the Kings of Smooth.
They have not been playing alot lately so they were trying to remember some of the songs, plus their drummer Max was not there last night.
But they sounded great, it was like a having a nice cool drink of water after walking thru the desert all day. so refreshing. and nice to hear them again.
the venue Bordello is a very swanky place, but dress code is not an issue, you can dress up or go in shorts and t shirt.
lots of room, and a bar and a kitchen.

Hope to see some of you there, I know its hard to get out on a sunday night,
they play from 9 pm to midnight with a break in the middle.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Well,
I was only able to stay for one set last night, because I have to work today to get the 4th off, but man o man, were they ON!!
Last week they had a fill in drummer, as Max was outta town.
But he was back this week.
they were in fine form, doing a very improvy "Caravan" that they have never done live before, and
a super drippy "Our Favorite Martian"
a few of their smooth vocal numbers and some of their great instros.
But the high light was a 12 minute version of Latinia that went from very mellow to out of this world heavy, and back again.

I highly recommend to anyone that is close or coming into town on vacation, to go see the Blue Hawaiians on a Sun. nite.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

On 2007-07-02 08:54, bigtikidude wrote:
Well,
I was only able to stay for one set last night, because I have to work today to get the 4th off, but man o man, were they ON!!
Last week they had a fill in drummer, as Max was outta town.
But he was back this week.
they were in fine form, doing a very improvy "Caravan" that they have never done live before, and
a super drippy "Our Favorite Martian"
a few of their smooth vocal numbers and some of their great instros.
But the high light was a 12 minute version of Latinia that went from very mellow to out of this world heavy, and back again.

I highly recommend to anyone that is close or coming into town on vacation, to go see the Blue Hawaiians on a Sun. nite.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I was there. Great as usual.

I wish they played "Last Days of Summer"....but I was only there for the first set...so maybe they played it in the second set...

bump

another killer set last night, I was only able to stay for one set , but it was oh so good, you people really need to try to get to this.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey folks - this is a must see band! If you can trek it out on a Sunday night, I highly suggest doing so. Don't forget to catch the Blue Hawaiians at Tiki Oasis 7!

-Kristena

Well gang, I hope those of you who wanted to see them, got to.
Because of low turnout, they are not going to be playing there anymore.
Unless something changes.

I will post further info then.

I saw Bill and Joyce of the Glasgow Tiki Shakers(surf band) there last night.

as well as 6 or so of the Tiki Crowd.
Boris, WooHoo and Soccer tiki, Kirby and Polly.

sad to see it go, sniff sniff,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

I think the location was a big deterrent in this equation. Downtown with nothing else close by.

They should have done it in a place with more traffic, not in the middle of a dead area like where the Bordello is.

That's My $.02

WooooHooooo! The Blue Hawaiians were Awesome last night and The Bordello Bar is a great venue to see bands play. Here are some pics:

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-09-04 09:19 ]

On 2007-09-03 14:58, tikiyaki wrote:
I think the location was a big deterrent in this equation. Downtown with nothing else close by.

They should have done it in a place with more traffic, not in the middle of a dead area like where the Bordello is.

That's My $.02

??? I thought The Blue Hawaiians said that they were going to Japan that's why they wouldn't be playing at The Bordello Bar for a while??

woohoo.
that was a joke,
nobody usually comes out to see them on a Sun.
so it got nixed.

sad, they were great there, and way more room than the Lava lounge.

I'd like to see them at a cool outdoor patio setting somewhere, on a sun evening at 5 or 6 pm. not 10 pm,

Even though I'm off Mondays, it was hard to go every week.
I made it 4 or 5 times in 3 months.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 14 replies