Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Return of the Blue Hawaiians to L.A. every Sun. nite

Pages: 1 7 replies

The Blue Hawaiians are Back!!
Stating this Sunday June 17th, and every Sun. night after that.
At the Bordello bar in downtown L.A.
5 bucks. 9:30 pm
901 E. 1st Street
Los Angeles, Ca. 90012

for more info go to:
http://bordellobar.com/flash/index.html

Cheers,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Bump,
don't know if I'm gonna make it this Sun. but I am going to go to many of these.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

So I went and checked out the Blue Hawaiians last night.

man these guys are the Kings of Smooth.
They have not been playing alot lately so they were trying to remember some of the songs, plus their drummer Max was not there last night.
But they sounded great, it was like a having a nice cool drink of water after walking thru the desert all day. so refreshing. and nice to hear them again.
the venue Bordello is a very swanky place, but dress code is not an issue, you can dress up or go in shorts and t shirt.
lots of room, and a bar and a kitchen.

Hope to see some of you there, I know its hard to get out on a sunday night,
they play from 9 pm to midnight with a break in the middle.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

D

Thanks Bigtikidude for posting the good news. Since I don't plan on making Oasis this year, I was disappointed most about missing The Blue Hawaiians. It's good to know anytime I get one of my wild Blue Hawaiian hairs (they can get pretty wooly if your not careful) I can just scurry on down to the Bordello Bar for a quick fix. Mahalo Jeff!

Dawn,
if you come down, Drag DP along too, he says he really likes the Blue Hawaiians, actually one of the 3 times I have seen him in person was at the Lava Lounge for the Blue Hawaiians.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Well,
I was only able to stay for one set last night, because I have to work today to get the 4th off, but man o man, were they ON!!
Last week they had a fill in drummer, as Max was outta town.
But he was back this week.
they were in fine form, doing a very improvy "Caravan" that they have never done live before, and
a super drippy "Our Favorite Martian"
a few of their smooth vocal numbers and some of their great instros.
But the high light was a 12 minute version of Latinia that went from very mellow to out of this world heavy, and back again.

I highly recommend to anyone that is close or coming into town on vacation, to go see the Blue Hawaiians on a Sun. nite.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I've missed the past few of these as there was a surf band from Spain here on tour.

Has anybody been going?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I believe we are going to enjoy this show responsibly.

Pages: 1 7 replies