Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

What do you think of this Lilo & Stitch Stuffed Tiki?

Pages: 1 8 replies

I first saw this and thought "Hey, pretty cute", but now the more I stare at it, I'm not so sure I see "Tiki" in it as much as I did before. If it weren't for the torches in the background, I'd just think it's some crazy Disney character like Stitch.

I think they should have made a more traditional Tiki and left the cartoony-ness out of it. It's $30, geesh!

It is suppose to be a Tiki, right?

What do you think?

(It's on DisneyStore.com if you want to order it)

SugarCaddyDaddy

M

"What do you think? "

I think it is pretty lame.

I think it looks like Mr. Hanky with two celery stalks stuck in him.

I think it looks like the "long-time companion" for that flamboyant Kono hawaii mug.

I think a bunch of underpaid workers in some Third World nation are making these things and thinking "Crazy Americans, worshipping stuffed poop dolls".

midnite

I expect better from the disney company.

sings
What rolls down stairs
Alone or in pairs,
Runs over your neighbor's dog?
It's great for a snack,
And fits on your back,
It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Lo-og, it's Lo-og,
It's big, it's heavy, it's wood!
It's Lo-og, it's Lo-og,
It's better than bad, it's good!

stops singing

This looks like Log For Girls, with pigtails. grins

Stefani

[i]On 2003-01-23 11:20, midnite_tiki wrote "Crazy Americans, worshipping stuffed poop dolls".

midnite

To funny! But True!

K

Yeah but if they hadn't made it we'd all be saying "how could they not release a tiki-toy from that movie?!"

M

On 2003-01-23 11:20, midnite_tiki wrote:
"What do you think? "

I think it is pretty lame.

I think it looks like Mr. Hanky with two celery stalks stuck in him.

I think it looks like the "long-time companion" for that flamboyant Kono hawaii mug.

I think a bunch of underpaid workers in some Third World nation are making these things and thinking "Crazy Americans, worshipping stuffed poop dolls".

midnite

Whoa there, Ray. Coming off a little cranky! True, it really does look like ass. Or like something that comes from your ass. But...surely Disney is not going to make a fierce looking tiki for kids. You know, I think we forget that these things are vaguely frightening. Disney isn't anxious to field complaints from parents that junior is having nightmares about being chased by flaming brown monsters.

-martin

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.