Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help With Identification Steve Crane Lid?

Pages: 1 6 replies

S

Hello,

I am new to the forums so please be kind! A friend of mine was going to sell this item at her garage sale for $10 and I said "Wait that's a Steve Crane!" I have seen the War Club Mug before, but never with the lid. Which leads to my question...Is this a random lid or was it originally part of this item? I have included blurry pics (I hate my camera)! In the pics I also included close ups of the stickers on each item...they both say Japan but are different stickers. Any help would be appreciated!

The lid might be from this coconut.

What a Blast-from-the-past, way back in 2002 a seller on eBay had listed 6 or so Luau mugs with the condiment lids attached, is this just coincidence or did the Luau actually sell mugs with random lids at some point?

the original 2002 thread HERE

Thanks for the help! I guess this means the lid doesn't go with it...It doesn't seem to fit snugly. I know the mug was bought at a Chicago area restaurant years ago, so they may have given a random lid with the item (if it never had a lid that was made for it). Is there a proper lid for this piece?

On 2007-06-12 11:46, slowdive wrote:
Thanks for the help! I guess this means the lid doesn't go with it...It doesn't seem to fit snugly. I know the mug was bought at a Chicago area restaurant years ago, so they may have given a random lid with the item (if it never had a lid that was made for it). Is there a proper lid for this piece?

that mug never came with a lid that was made for it....however that doesn't have to stop you from putting the lid of your choice on it.

Yeah..looks like the lid to my coconut cup

my kon-tiki is missing it's lid. lemme know if you'll sell this one.

Pages: 1 6 replies