Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Hungrily Watching ...

Pages: 1 44 replies

J

...Top Chef!

Okay, here are my early picks for the top four... This won't be too shocking because the judges agreed with me on most. In no particular order, I'm saying the final four will be Micah, Hung, Tre, and Sandee.

Micah's Tuscan Sushi in the Quick Fire Challenge looked mighty tasty to me! And I can honestly say I've never considered eating ostrich until I saw Tre's dish in the Elimination Challenge ... a little rare for me, but it looked and sounded pretty tasty.

As for Clay, the southern boy... I'm so glad he's gone already! That boy got on my nerves the moment he walked off the plane! I expect Dale will be next to go, if not for his lack of taste in food, then for his ridiculous haircut! But they did keep Marcel around til the end in the last season, so I guess the hair is not as big a factor as I would like it to be. :(

At the end of this thing, when all the yearbooks are signed, I believe the chef voted "most likely to be kicked out of a kitchen for slapping the ass of the cute waitress" will be Joey, the New Yorker with some seriously bad attitude!

So there are my thoughts ... let's hear yours!

Less Padma more Gail Simmons please!

They were right , it wasn't BBQ.

J

Yeah, it wasn't BBQ. But the date thing sure sounded yummy! I hope Howie can kick it up next week. He can't let Joey outlast him. And what's with Micah, the drama queen? Oy!

[ Edited by: jentiki 2007-06-20 23:51 ]

Ketchup!

J

Sorry Boris. I DVR'd it while I was out celebrating Tikiwinebear's birthday. Tried to watch it when I got home, but fell asleep just before the axe fell. I assume from your comment that it was Micah?

Yep, no more fake weird Daughter drama.

J

Damn "you Americans!"

J

MmmmmMmmmmmMmmmmm! Cocktails and French Toast!!! Now that's my kinda breakfast!

I loved Camille, I guess I'll go cry into my Guilt Blanket. :cry:

I wish the Judges had gone with a Hung reduction.

I liked Lea and I'm glad Gail Simmons is back. :D

J

Polenta is not Spanish! And bland polenta is always wrong! Buh bye!

Oh, and I totally agree with the voting on who is the sexiest judge! I've eaten at Tom's restaurants, and any man who can make food like that is totally HOT!

J

And yeah, I see a castration coming next week! I hope!!!

There was no need for a partial reunion after only 6 episodes but it was good to see LeAnn (Hello!) and Camille (Hello!) again plus Tim Gunn is always a treat.

It was cut way too choppy and it seems like the Season One cast members are the only ones who had any chemistry together.

As a producer for Bravo, Andy Cohen shouldn't put himself on TV, he’s not as charming as he thinks he is and comes off as a dork.

No one ever needs to see Micah again.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2007-07-25 23:07 ]

J

Awww! So the big bully turns out to be a big baby when he doesn't win. That guy was like a bull in a crystal shop! Ciao Signor Joey!

BB

I fell asleep during the last 10 minutes. TWICE!

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2007-08-02 06:01 ]

Sara!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

J

Yeeeeeeeessssssss!!! She can come back when she grows a backbone and some talent. She never won a single challenge and usually was drifting somewhere around the middle of the pack. BORING!!! She said she didn't have a chance to show what she can really do in the kitchen! She had all the same chances as everybody else, and she just didn't have what it takes. Buh bye!

J

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not Tre! :cry: He was one of my top two favorites left on the show! Of the ones left, I hope CJ wins, but I'm afraid it might end up being Hung, and that sucks!

I don't like it when the guest judges think that they're in charge of the show.

J

I just think it's funny that this thread has 510 views, and only 19 posts, from just the two of us. :lol:

Howie, please take your knives and fall on them.

J

Nice!

J

Oh but, that "broccolini" did look pretty nasty! :o

J

NOOOO! Not C.J. the Giant! I loved him! But I think he's Doug Horne's long lost brother!

J

So Sarah goes back to cutting the cheese! Ho hum, she bored me.

I hate to say it, but I'm afraid Hung might win this thing :x , but I hope Brian wins.

J

Hung needs to be shot! He didn't even cook for his customers! What a pompous jerk he is!

Won't it be cool if Casey wins!?

Oh you killed the challenge Brian or did it kill you?...... IT KILLED YOU!

And you have a choice of cheese. SHUT UP!

I feel confident that either Dale (1st Choice) or Casey can beat Hung.

It was good to see Gail Simmons again.

J

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I'm almost tempted to say I'll never watch this show again. But we all know I'll be back next season with hopes that a non-asshole will win.
I'm gonna go curl up in a fetal position now and wimper until Project Runway begins.

BOOOOO!

J

Oh, and while we're here ... let's take a quick look back at my very first post on this thread. Although I had 3 of my top 4 pics wrong. The winner was in there after just the first episode. A very small, very pale victory.

See ya Marcel!!

Happy Holidays Jackass.

J

Yeah, I watched that one last night! I'm glad Trey made it as far as he did. But he should've won!

Fauxhawks, Lesbians and Lesbians with Fauxhawks season 4 is here!

J

On 2008-03-13 20:30, Bora Boris wrote:
Fauxhawks, Lesbians and Lesbians with Fauxhawks season 4 is here!

And they've even got a Kiwi! We should turn our NZ stoners on to this!

Sad to see that guy go, they should have tossed the Douche in the Hat or the Psycho.

J

That was the classiest departure speech in the history of Top Chef! Too bad he had to leave because of Spike's lousy dish! Spike seems to be a real idiot!

And what's with not showing us what the kiwi guy did for his quick fire?!

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2008-04-02 23:02 ]

BB

Yep, they should have gotten rid of Spike but Manuel was boring and Spike can create tension so he gets to stay.

Yay, they finally got rid of that Psycho Andrew!

"I play with honor" but I can't follow the rules?

Wow what an Ass!

J

I was just starting to like Andrew. I expect Lisa will be next to go.

I hope it's Spike. who always has his head covered either with a hat or a bandanna so he must be balder than me. :)

J

Yay! Finale starts tonight! I'm almost happy with the final four, but I would rather see Jen instead of Lisa. Jen was a much better chef and had a way better attitude. It think the final winner will be either Antonia, or possibly Richard, but I'm rooting for Antonia.

It was good to Camille again.

J

It was bad to see Jeff go, but good to see Stephan knocked down a notch or two.

J

It was bad to see Jeff go, but good to see Stephan knocked down a notch or two.

Pages: 1 44 replies