Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Shag on Jonsey's Jukebox (repeats tonight at 6)

Pages: 1 5 replies

Did anyone catch Shag on Jonsey's Jukebox Jury today. I laughed my ass off. Jonsey's kept calling him Shaggy and was not impressed with the boxed postcard set he brought as a gift. Shag plugged the LA premier of Sophisticated Misfit at the Egyptian Thearter on 7-7-7. Catch the re-broadcast at 6. It was a great show!!

I love Jonsey.

http://www.indie1031.fm/shows/jonesysjury.php

[ Edited by: tigerlily 2007-06-15 23:36 ]

I heard some today after 1 pm and I caught most of the replay but I missed the 1st 12 minutes dammit.

Did Shag say anything about any of the bands he used to be in?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I gave mustard when Shag gave pants to some of the music and yeah it was funny the way Jonesy teased Josh about his name. Great show!
Shag mentioned his band saying he used the name Shag when doing the art work for the covers. The name Shag is a combination of his first and last name he explained. I don't think Jonesy bought it.

Life is a state of mind

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-06-16 10:48 ]

O

Just found this about a special edition Jonesy's Jukebox on June 30th if any of you are interested.

Indie 103.1's annual night at the L.A. Film Festival is June 30th at the John Anson Ford Amphitheatre. Last year we profiled the Sex Pistols, this year it's Joe Strummer and The Clash. Join us for the film Joe Strummer - The Future is Unwritten and live sets from bands like the Aggrolites playing Clash music before and after the movie. Get there early because Jonesy is live from in front of the Ford Amphitheatre with a special edition of Jonesy's Jukebox starting at 6 PM. It's a night celebrating Joe Strummer and The Clash - from the L.A. Film Festival and Indie 103.1. You can view trailers from the LA Film Festival here. For tickets and info, click here.

iTunes users can download the podcast version (sans music) at this link

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=91812614

The episode is Jonesys Jukebox Jury #18

O

Jonsey used to be one of the Sex Pistols and they are having a private show on Oct 25 at the Roxy. 103 is giving away tickets.
I'll bet he wrote this note too.
The Sex Pistols were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last year, but refused to show up, sending a rude, handwritten note instead.

Life is a state of mind

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-10-13 14:39 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies