Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hello To Everyone

Pages: 1 15 replies

Let me introduce myself. My name is Ron Licudine, I'm the son late
Mariano Licudine, chief Mixoligist of the Mai-Kai. I attened my First full weekend of Hukiau 2007.!! It was a wonderful experience to be part of this event. Thank you everyone for making me sooooo very
welcome to the Big Party.

Ron, Welcome to Tiki Central. It was such a pleasure to see you again this weekend and hear the stories. You are a treasure!

I am sure all of the Ohana that could not be here this weekend would love to hear about your stories about your Dad and playing at the Mai Kai as a kid.

S

I wanted to stay and talk more, but I had to run to the Mai Kai. Glad you are here to talk with us more.

The little you told us Saturday is already a post on my site!

Here is a pic of your Dad from the 1977 calendar.

Welcome. I was a little worried with that oppeing "son of the lateā€¦" I was ready for the nigerian prime minister contatcting me to release the $20 mil in gold. part that normally follows that sentence.

V

welcome. That was great to have you at Beachbum berry's seminar. If you have other stories to tell about the Mai Kai and your dad, please do !

Ron:

It was great to hear your stories during the Beachbum Berry seminar and even better for Nicole and me to spend time speaking with you at the Mai Kai. Welcome to the party!

Hi Ron, welcome to the fold! It was so great to meet you. Having you there was a great asset to the experience. I hope to hear more stories from you next time.

Yep... It's a family thing, and proud of it. I was out of town last weekend or else I would have called you up Uncle Ron! But hey, I'll be heading to the Mai-Kai this weekend for a friend's Birthday... I'll have a Derby Daquiri for the both of us!

Tony

P.S.... Few people have more Mai-Kai stories than Uncle Ron.

Speaking of the Derby Daiquiri, here's a little long lost gem that my mom had kept and scanned for me.

Tony

just figuring the pics thing out...

Ron,

Great getting to meet you at Hukilau. Your stories were awesome. I am looking forward to seeing you back there next year if not at another tiki event before then. Aloha!

Matt

Hi Ron!

It was great to meet you! And I'm still cracking up that my mom got to meet you before I did!!
(Ron and my mom sat next to each other on a cruise to Spain a month or two ago. "Well, my daughter's into 'tiki'," expecting a blank stare. "Then she'll know who my father was!" was the unexpected reply!)

My mom wrote down the word "mixologist" so she could remember it.
F

On 2007-06-20 21:20, TonyLicudine wrote:
P.S.... Few people have more Mai-Kai stories than Uncle Ron. .....

Oh, do tell. There is nothing that makes this crowd happier than talking story. Even better when the story comes from the 'inside.'

And, welcome to Tiki Central. We will have to gather the local ohana and have a minature Hukilau some night in the Molokai.

Your father was a genious, Ron. No doubt responsible for a very large portion of the Mai Kai's sucess. Thank you for being a part of Hukilau!

I

One of the highlights of this past Hukilau was meeting Ron at the Mai-Kai. I had gone there for the Thursday Happy Hour, decided to stay for dinner, and ended up seated at a table with Ron and Beachbum Berry. It was great to hear those stories ... and I do distinctly remember Beachbum recommending the Barrel of Rum drink to Ron.

You should have seen Ron's eyes light up during Kern's back tour of the Mai-Kai, especially when we entered the closed back bar area. I think we ended up having to pull Ron out of there, as he had started a conversation with the three drink mixers who were working back there. You could truly sense the pride running through the man.

Vern

T

bump

Pages: 1 15 replies