Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Any So-Cal members available for beginner?

Pages: 1 6 replies

G,day folks! I am a newbie here, I am in the Arcadia-Pasadena area of Southern Cal, and I am hoping to start on a few Tiki projects soon, but was curious to find others in the area, possibly with a few Tikis already under their belts for local consults of sorts. I have what I believe to be a good supply of power and hand tools available, have done many small scale carvings from mini Totem poles (12" up to 4') with various types of wood at my disposal, and other types of projects involving wood. But I would really like to find a local source of Sabal palm log, or other native Island palm for the tropical look I'm working on for my yard. I never seem to be able to find a tree cutter that has any palm cuttings, and I'm searching for a few in the 5' to 8' range. Anyone have any ideas for a local source, or if not local, someone reasonably close?
Thanks.

Yo T Birdman:
We have a little gathering about every month of TC carvers and artists and random spots around SoCal. Last month was in Temecula, this month is in San Diego at Babalu's house.
Here's the info thread on it:
Trailer Park Trash Carving Jam and Mug Giveaway!
It's free and lots of fun. Some of us are carving at Tiki Oasis this year too, so if you're there, come by and say hi to us.
Welcome to TC and hope to see you at one of these some day.

Buzzy Out!

Buzz, Very cordial of you, I will have to work out someone to watch my son (my ex-wife digs him, she'll do it!) and if that works out, I'll hop on my bike and make the ride to S.D. to join in! Sounds like a kick! Thanks again for the invite, your openly good nature has already made me feel at home here, thanks bro.

{snip)

[ Edited by: Wi'i Akua 2007-06-21 10:14 ]

hey guys...you are all welcome and it's a great place to learn! come on out next weekend and let the chips fly!

Hey David, you have an intriging web page, the art is very wild and off the beaten path! I really like it! Gotta say, I especially like the turp monster! You have a deep mind, like to meet you when I come down. You going to be there on the 30th?

On 2007-06-20 21:52, T_birdman wrote:
Hey David, you have an intriging web page, the art is very wild and off the beaten path! I really like it! Gotta say, I especially like the turp monster! You have a deep mind, like to meet you when I come down. You going to be there on the 30th?

Thanks T...I'll be there....I'll be the one with Spam musubis in each hand!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm smaaaam!

Pages: 1 6 replies