Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Sources for bar stools?

Pages: 1 10 replies

Aloha-

I am in need of some new barstools for a covered outdoor bar. Preferably rattan or bamboo, and no metal or plastic/resin. $150 each or less. I've looked at Rattan Man, Pier One, etc. Anyone have any suggestions or sources?

I like some of the ones they sell at Master Garden Products. http://www.mastergardenproducts.com/bamboobarstool.htm
Has anyone bought barstools from them before?

I am considering making some from a 6" diameter pole (like they commonly use for palapas), add a base and a swivel upholstered top. Anyone made you own?

Thanks!

-John

[ Edited by: Aloha John 2007-06-26 13:30 ]

I got mine at Linens and Things.

I keep mine under a covered deck until we need them at the bar. This way they should last much longer.

P

have someone carve you tiki barstools.

Those are nice but not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm thinking something more similar to those on the link I listed. Mostly rattan or bamboo, less "wood", if that makes sense.

I think carved barstools would be out of my price range, wouldn't they be? I know Bartiki's are $300, for example.

Here's what mine look like. I think they're great, but they're a little more than the price you specified.

T

Benson's Import is a good source for what you are looking for

http://www.bensonsimport.com/pages/wholesale/fencing/Page4.html

TM

On 2007-06-26 15:08, Aloha John wrote:
Those are nice but not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm thinking something more similar to those on the link I listed. Mostly rattan or bamboo, less "wood", if that makes sense.

I think carved barstools would be out of my price range, wouldn't they be? I know Bartiki's are $300, for example.

Your not too far, so you can pick up and I don't have to crate and ship.....I smell a deal, drop me a line if interested....

C

You won't regret it if you do have them carved - they are pieces of art.
I had some carved for my bar & they are GREAT!

Yes, they are more expensive, but a sizable chunk of change does come off if you can pick them up vs. having them shipped (not an option for me, since I live in the midwest).

& there's nothing like fabulous TC art like this in your bar!!!

Here's a shot of mine - beats a bamboo stool any day for my bar :)

MrBaliHai- those are the style I like, thanks for the link.

TikiPhil- thanks for the link, I didn't realize they had furniture there, and they're close enough to pick them up. Those may be the ones!

Tiki Matt- maybe someday...I have always pondered yours when you are vending at events. I need only 2 stools for my Bamboo Ben bar in the lounge, but my backyard bar needs either 4 or 6. I suppose I could go with 2 carved ones in the lounge, and get the bamboo stools for the other bar. Do you ever sell them without the padded top? I'd like to put a swivel on ones like that and then a padded top. I do still think carved barstools are out of my budget, for now. Things are tight with the backyard budget and it'd look funny if I had some killer carved stools and no bar to park them at... :wink:

croe67- WOW!! Those are really cool. Who made them?

C

On 2007-06-27 14:53, Aloha John wrote:
croe67- WOW!! Those are really cool. Who made them?

From Left to Right:
Crazy Al
Bosko
Tiki tOny

I couldn't decide who to have do them, so I had each artist do one. & I still have 1 more to commission - I haven't decided who will do that one - yet.....

They are all fabulous & add a new level of tiki-ness to our bar.

TM

No problem doing them with no top, or I can do the tops and not attach them so you can do your thing.....Lemme know....

Pages: 1 10 replies