Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

They just don't make 'em like that anymore

Pages: 1 1 replies

Just tuned to AMC on the tube in time to catch "Son of Kong". There's a scene in the begining where the old ship's captain & the showman (original characters from King Kong). stop off at a South Pacific island and head to the local bar for a drink. The entertainment consisted of 5 monkeys dressed in fezes, velvet vests & belly dancing cloths playing finger cymbals, a cello & drums. I couldn't stop staring at this ridiculous scene in awstruck amazement. For some reason the people back in the '30's really had an affinity for monkeys (just check out some old "Our Gang" shorts).As an old standup comedian from those days once said: "mongees iz da cwaziest beeple".

Monkeys CREEP ME OUT!!!!! I think people dug them for the same reason that they really bother me, they have such human movements and expressions and but yet are still "from the jungle". If you haven't seen the "Where's Your Head At" video by Basement Jaxx, don't expect to get a good nights sleep when you do....crazy ass monkey people throwing stuff, ready to take over, well, at least thats the way I took it!

Pages: 1 1 replies