Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

MBL's Tiki Adventure

Pages: 1 2 3 107 replies

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Jul 25, 2009 12:09 PM

"this is what happens when you fill up at the local 7-11..."

......that happens to me all the time! :wink:

Where you bean?

Hey man sweet Tiki! I am not sure if you know who I am but I am the guy who did the Big Metal Tiki for the first Billetproof and I also did that Metal Bill Hines for this show. I see you have a pretty good pic of all the trophies. I wish I had been there for this show but I will be there for the upcoming 2010 show hopefully I will see another cool trophy from you.

M
MBL posted on Tue, Jan 19, 2010 3:51 AM

I saw your Metal Tiki and the Bill Hines...CRAZY!!! KOOL!!! I actually don't think we are going to make it to this coming BilletProof...so not tiki from me this year. Right now I am frantically trying to find time to get into a nice detailed carving. Th BilletProof show is a whole bunch of fun...I can't wait to see the pics of your newest creation.
Tim
MBL

P

Hey Tim, stop by my place for "TIKI TUESDAY".

We basically sit on my front porch every Tuesday night, listen to some tunes, drink some beer, and beat on some tikis.

My addy is 1023 W Charter in Tampa.

It's basically a 6pm until whenever deal. Bring yer own beer.

Hope to see you.

M
MBL posted on Wed, Mar 14, 2012 1:40 PM

Well...its been a way long time since I visited. I have done a few carvings. This latest one is another trophy for the BilletProof Florida car show. This one will be presented to the winner of the Best Hotrod. I know it could have more detail, but I only had two days from start to finish. Here are some pics:

The dedbris field:

It was a fun carve, but I am a bit tired. BilletProof here we come!
Tim
MBL

M
MBL posted on Wed, Mar 14, 2012 2:15 PM

And had it not been for my mentor GMAN...none of this would have happened....so you can blame him.
Tim
MBL

P

Nice Tim.

Long time, no see. Good to see you still have the old Pack!

M
MBL posted on Wed, Mar 14, 2012 3:53 PM

I do still have the Packard, but that's actually my 55 Dodge...underneath a bunch of filth.
Tim
MBL

P

Yeah, I remember that one now...

Either way, glad you still have 'em.

A
amate posted on Thu, Mar 15, 2012 8:55 AM

I don't know how you guys crank these out so fast! Nice stance and a beautiful carve.

M
MBL posted on Thu, Mar 22, 2012 4:23 AM

Here's the carving at the BilletProof trophy table:

M
MBL posted on Thu, Mar 22, 2012 4:55 AM

And the winner lugging it away!

Pages: 1 2 3 107 replies