Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

2 ft. tall elviki tikis !!! arriving early-almost here!!!!

Pages: 1 13 replies

greetings!!

..1995 marked the year that artist Cindy crowell first invented her Elviki tiki character. In celebration of that 10 year anniversary I produced the anniversary edition of the elviki resin figurine (now sold out). I signed on with cindy in 1997 and now in celebration of that 10 year anniversary, i am planning on releasing another limited edition elviki, this time in the form of a 2 ft tall carved likeness!!....I will have a picture of it as well as all the ordering information available early next week....

till then...

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-06-28 07:50 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-06-28 07:56 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-07-03 15:21 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-07-03 15:27 ]

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2007-07-03 18:45 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-08-02 10:39 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-10-17 13:53 ]

I so want one of these!

well..here he is!!!

THE PICS:

Here he is with the original resin statue that was released so you can get an idea of scale.

THE INFO:

These Elviki are going to be produced in a very limited quantity to celebrate DSK Designs 10 year anniversary of producing Elviki for artist Cindy crowell. These Elviki are 24" tall from the base to the tip of his hair curl. They are individually carved by hand and then finished and handpainted by me here in the studio. I wanted to leave as much natural wood grain exposed so I only painted the hair and the base in black. A clear coat is also applied to help protect it and seal it. These are for indoor display only, however, if you choose to put yours outside i would reccommend you coat it with something to prptect it from the elements.

THE PRICE:

Elviki is $175.00 and this price includes shipping anywhere in the U.S. -except-

Hawaii, alaska and internationally orders please contact me with your shipping info so i can get you a shipping estimate.

and finally,...

THE RUB:

IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!!!!

Because these elviki are made as they are ordered and individually carved by hand there may be slight variations from one elviki to the next. I will strive to make sure that they all are looking as close to the original carving and the pics above as possible.

Also, because these are made overseas and the rain season is approaching, your elvikis may take as long as a couple months to be completely dry before i recieve them and finish them before shipping them off to you. If they are not dry enough, they will crack and split and we don't want that.....

so basically i am looking for a show of hands on who would be interested in one of these.

I am only accepting paypal as payment for these and the reason being is that it leaves a paper trail in the form of a receipt for both of us so i can keep track of who bought one while i am waiting for them to come in. If you want to reserve one i suggest you pay for one now and when they are ready in a couple months, those who have submitted payment first will be the first to recieve theirs when they are finished. If you would rather wait to pay, that's fine too but it may take a little longer till you recieve yours since i need to fill all the paid orders first and i am only having a a scant few extra made that aren't paid for when i place the first orders. A paypal payment guarantees you an elviki.

If you would like to save on shipping, i will post if i am going to be at an upcoming event, tiki or otherwise and would be happy to deliver it in person.....also, if you order one and are going to be in chicago, i can meet you somewhere and again, deliver your elviki to you. Just P.M. Me when you will be in town.

my paypal is my email address...

[email protected]

any questions, p.m. me.

Thanks!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-07-03 15:23 ]

bump

bump

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 5, 2007 8:35 PM

Looks great man! The first few time I checked this out, the pics werent working...

How did you do the hair? Is that carved, or some modeling putty or something? I was looking to do some hair on a frankenstein tiki... I went with 2inch long black shag material :D

On 2007-07-05 20:35, hewey wrote:
Looks great man! The first few time I checked this out, the pics werent working...

How did you do the hair? Is that carved, or some modeling putty or something? I was looking to do some hair on a frankenstein tiki... I went with 2inch long black shag material :D

..thanks!! the hair is just painted wood..the whole thing is one large carving...nothing else added except paint.

Hey Dave, Great paint job! He looks awesome. -J

Hey, that looks cool!

It looks like the front hair curl is another chunk of wood that was glued onto the original carving, as I can see a seam between the 2 different wood pieces in the pic, but that was very creative and the overall look of the piece is great! Nice work!

On 2007-07-07 09:59, tikiriffic wrote:
Hey, that looks cool!

It looks like the front hair curl is another chunk of wood that was glued onto the original carving, as I can see a seam between the 2 different wood pieces in the pic, but that was very creative and the overall look of the piece is great! Nice work!

thanks!!.....yes, the hair piece is separated after it is fully carved as one piece and then epoxyied on.....i finished this sample elviki rather hurriedly so i could post pics and start selling them.....i assure you the finished products will be alot cleaner without the seam showing, The reason the hair is cut off is so that the tips don't break in shipping on their way to me. If i didn't paint these, it was going to look weird with that parting line showing, so painting the hair and base made sense. It also kept it consistent with the previous elviki statues......

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-07-07 11:22 ]

bump

greetings!!

Thank you all for your pre orders/pre payment of elviki!! there is still time to order one!!.....

Here's the updated info on the elvikis.....I spoke with my supplier the other night to place the first orders and he informed me that the elvikis ordered now would arrive no earlier than february 2008, due to the fact that they need to be completely dried out before shipping to the states (they test the moisture in the core of the carvings with a special device)....Basically, that means that this is the one and only shot to get one of these elviki if you want one....i have placed orders for those who have already sent the deposit money...there is a small window to get your order in if you want one....they will be worth the wait!! This is the only run of these i will be doing, since the process takes so damn long...after this run i won't be making a second run, so if you miss out you'll have yourself to blame.

..I will be accepting orders for these up till about friday august 24th...at which time the window of opportunity will slam shut on the fingers of those that missed the boat!...I understand that february is a long time to wait for a product but i think it will be worth it.....I am thinking of including a free gift with each order as a "thanks for waiting" gesture, but i don't yet know what that will be at this time.

I will accept a 50% deposit of the total $175 if you want to secure your elviki....the remmaining balance due, prior to me shipping you the finished elviki....

any questions or concerns contact me via email or p.m. me....

thanks again for your patience and business!!

Tipsy

time is running out to get yer order in!!

.elviki is arriving shortly!!

....way sooner than i originally expected...I expect to have the dried and carved raw elviki statues in my formerly nicotine stained hands by early next week....and to all with the foresight and patience to have purchased one in advance, i say thank you...i hope to have these painted, finished and delivered to your door within a couple weeks....

thanks again all!!

Pages: 1 13 replies