Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XXXV TV Party! Friday June 29th!!

Pages: 1 1 replies

Friday June 29th, 2007 10PM No Cover

Spend some time with King at his annual Tiki Taix TV Party!! Tonight! Featuring some brand new video as well as looks at past videos featuring requests from the audience.

Celebrate the release of a brand new CD entitled The London Luau Presents King Kukulele and the Friki Tiki’s Live At Trader Vic’s. This CD was recorded at Trader Vic’s in London at the 2ND annual London Luau in 2006 and includes original tunes, cover songs, as well as improvised tunes featuring guests of the Luau.

ALSO

The King of the Flying Ukulele, King Kukulele, returns to Tiki Taix with his ukuleles ready for action. He’s back home after of month of traveling from the London Luau to the Hukilau and then the Rockabilly Rave Weekender #11 in Camber Sands, England. Come spend some time with the Kuke as he plays with the audience and improvises for the crowd.

AND

Part V “Duke Kahanamoku – This Is Your Life!” from 1957. See the final chapter of this classic look at the like of the Duke. He is surprised by his wife who tells about his life in politics as the Sheriff of Honolulu. He is then greeted by three men whose lives were saved by Duke 32 years earlier in a storm in Newport Beach, Calif. The conclusion includes the presentation of prizes for Duke including the replacement of a stolen hood ornament from Dukes car in Waikiki.

PLUS

News From King's Highway, June 2007! Catch up on the world of Tiki with video from the incredible Hukilau 2007 celebrating the release of Robert Drasnin’s Voodoo II courtesy of Tiki Kiliki! Meanwhile over the Atlantic Cheekytiki presented the 3rd annual London Luau and wowed foggy London town with an art show and venders and three Tiki Venues. See footage of the new Mahiki Bar, the stomping grounds of Prince Harry!

Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

TM

Hey King!!

I'm mia, not you-a!!

(Wish I could make it down to Tiki Taix this evening, but I have to work!!)

Bummer!!

Everybody Wang-chung tonight!!

Pages: 1 1 replies