Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

July 25th Tiki Party in Phoenix, AZ

Pages: 1 24 replies

L
LHR posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 1:32 AM

EDIT: Well, things have really starting cooking. And not just the temperature here in AZ! The tiki bash is less than a week away and we have gotten tremendous response. Even beyond what we expected. I thought I should give some actual details as to what is going on that night in case anyone can make it.

First here's a peek at just some of the swank swag:

• Fender Tiki-Coustic guitar and deluxe case
  • The original art used for Tiki-Coustic by Doug Horne (!)
  • Art print by Douge Horne
  • Original art by Jimmy Smith Hot Rod Designs
  • Gift certificate from Go-Kat-Go
  • Bunch o' VooDoo Rum brand gear
  • Glass tiki art by Velvet Glass
  • A kustom hot rod bike (and fez-wearing coconut monkey!) by Kat Sass Kustoms
  • An island tiki mask from ASL
  • Embroidered Ltd. Ed. Nat Nast Palos Verdes 1940 surf shirt
  • Free CDs, T-shirts, (vinyl!) LPs, stickers from the bands

We'll of course be having the finest surf music anywhere (if I do say so myself) and some cool DJs spinning exotica all night. Top that off with a wicked RedRum drink concoction of their own design and a live tiki carving (not necessarily in that order!) and I think you might have a concentrated tiki experience. Oh, yeah, there will also be tiki art, mugs, and jewelry, preferred hot rod parking and island BBQ specials...

Also check out the event website: HERE.

It would be great to meet some like-minded AZ folks! So come on out July 25th to the Rhythm Room.

[ Edited by: LHR 2007-07-19 17:34 ]

[ Edited by: LHR 2007-07-19 18:02 ]

Hey LHR,
were ya going to post the cool flyer and info on SG101 ?

Hope ya have a great party, and show.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

L
LHR posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 1:36 PM

You bet. Already on the calendar. Thanks!

cool but I meant the flyer, post it on the forum so some of the people there can see the flyer :)
my motive is I'm always trying to get tiki and surf to crossover more.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

L
LHR posted on Tue, Jul 3, 2007 2:52 AM

Jeff (bigtikidude): I did; it should be up there by now.

Thanks!

SF

Wow, a tiki event in Phoenix! Yee Haw!
Saddle'em up we're head'n to the Rhythm Room!!

Well done, TikiFriend...we'll see you there...Mahalo!

CA

crap! i'll be in the cool pines of Flagstaff... so close but so far away... shitsk..... i'll send the info out....good luck with gig, are you playing the week before??

SF

On 2007-07-06 00:36, crazy al wrote:
crap! i'll be in the cool pines of Flagstaff... so close but so far away... shitsk..... i'll send the info out....good luck with gig, are you playing the week before??

FLAGSTAFF!!?
No tikis in Flagstaff Al.
The cool pines part sounds great.

L
LHR posted on Tue, Jul 10, 2007 11:12 PM

TTT...

Desert tikiphiles: see you there!

[ Edited by: LHR 2007-07-19 17:03 ]

L
LHR posted on Thu, Jul 19, 2007 5:38 PM

TTT

Looking forward to this event and it's only a 20 minute drive!

Mr cheeky half and I are hoping to make it up to Phoenix for the big tiki bash........I just want to know what the heck Swamp Fire is saddling up - cause I know he ain't got no horses.

ch

On 2007-07-21 08:26, cheeky half wrote:
I just want to know what the heck Swamp Fire is saddling up - cause I know he ain't got no horses.

ch

Armadillo, they make great transportation.
I have a source for the tiny saddles.

LHR
Sea Tiki
Cheeky Half
Swamp Fire

Any other TCers going to make this event? There has to be more than 4 TCers in Phoenix, I know you're out there. What else do you have to do on a Wed. night?

I survived the head-hungry Jivaro tribe!
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2007-07-21 10:53 ]

L
LHR posted on Sun, Jul 22, 2007 1:21 AM

Doug: That image you show there is the one Fender gave me. And the one that is on the guitar. (Of course, you already knew that!) Interesting to see the little differences between the drawing and the final product. The original colored pencil art is going to wind up in the someone's lucky hands that night. I wish I could get tickets!

• LHR

Stacey and I will be hang'n with Velvet Glass, Mark and Maggie, who are represent'n Tucson tonight. I'll try to bring my camera, if I forget I'll have to resort to doing some courtroom type sketches of the event.

Looking forward to seeing some Arizona Ona tonight.
Let's make it a bash to remember!

Great Show! Thanks to those who stopped by the Aloha Wood Booth and said Hi!

Nice size crowd last night and some great music.
I'll try to post some pics later.

M
Moki posted on Thu, Jul 26, 2007 5:54 PM

Did you get a picture of that elusive "Arizona Ona"?
Bet you didn't :wink:

Pics below.

Shadowcasters take the stage.

Part of the crowd, recognize anybody?

Carving outside.

The dudes.

Maggie and Mark of Velvet Glass.

The Surfside IV take the stage.

The beautiful Stacey and a woody.

All partied out.

B

Hello all:

First time posters, long-time tikilurkers. We attended the Rhythm Room bash and had a great time! It was swell to meet some of you and we look forward to meeting more the next time the ohana gets together around Phoenix. We found more goodies for our tiki collection and got good ideas for the next stuff that we suddenly need.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi finally and thank everyone for their warm welcome and hospitality.

Brice & Lisa in TikiTempe

I am sorry to say that the better half and myself were not able to attend. Boo Hoo. Glad to see a big turn out though on a Wednesday night!!!! Hopefully there will be more tiki parties in the future around here.
Michelle & Anthony
Phoenix

L
LHR posted on Mon, Jul 30, 2007 10:36 PM

Fender had a nice article on their page today about our wee shindig. You can see it here. Thanks again to all who came out! You really made our night. We are hoping to do this again next year sometime.

Phoenix knows how to throw a tiki party! We had a great time, heard some great music and won Doug Horne's original Fender artwork. Yea!!!!!!!

Hey Brice and Lisa glad to see that you've changed your lurking status. Hope to meet up with you at the Kon Tiki some time.

Can't wait for the next shindig!

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Fri, Aug 3, 2007 1:38 PM

OMG.

I was in Phoenix, visiting home on July 25! I could have gone! ARgh!

Pages: 1 24 replies