Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Original Gyotaku (Japanese Fish Rubbings) For Sale

Pages: 1 29 replies

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 4:44 PM

I thought that a few of you might be interested in adding some gyotaku to your tiki bars or nautical/island/tropical decor. Each of these rubbings is an original made by me - with fish, acrylic paints, inks, and rice paper from Thailand. They are signed and include my "chop." I can ship these anywhere in the world. The prices below include shipping (rolled in a tube) and insurance to anywhere in the continental United States. I can ship outside of the U.S. for a little more. If you are interested in any of these or in other species, please send me a PM. I can provide additional pictures if needed.

Hogfish - Black ink on Thai ricepaper. Image = 20" $180.00

Mahi - Colored acrylics on Thai ricepaper. Image = 21" $175.00

Lookdown composition - Colored inks/metal flake on Plum ricepaper (Thai).
Image = 15" x 20" $175.00

Snowy Grouper - Black ink on Thai ricepaper. Image = 19.5" SOLD

Scamp Grouper - Black ink on Thai ricepaper. Image = 33.5" SOLD

Octopus #1 - Black ink on Thai ricepaper. Image = 32" x 20" $325.00

Octopus #2 - Black ink on Thai ricepaper. Image = 34" $245.00

Queen Trigger - Black ink on Thai ricepaper. Image = 24" $180.00

King Mackerel (by another artist) - Acrylics/metal flake on Black Thai ricepaper. Image = 60" $675.00

Thanks for looking,

-G

[ Edited by: GMAN 2007-07-05 04:31 ]

T

I have to come up with a better word, because Wow does not cover these! Amazing, awesome, superb? Can you give us some insight on the technique?

Tikisgrl

T

Wow. These are great!

F

Holy sweet Jesus Gman! Saying that I'm impressed does not even begin to describe how I feel. Simply amazing!

B

I know you guys have seen GMAN,s Octopus in my Office. I Love it and these are great Prices.

those are amazing g. i'll take the snowy grouper if it's still available.

B

I knew I would eventually find my pictures:
Oh and I just framed a couple pictures yesterday, check them out. First an Octopus Gyotaku by GMAN:

Right next to a "benzart's WoodShed" by Hewey

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jul 10, 2007 4:50 PM

Fishy, fishy bump

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jul 23, 2007 5:46 AM

Still have a few of these pictured and many, many more available in my flat-files for anyone interested.....

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: GMAN 2007-07-23 05:50 ]

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jul 31, 2007 6:08 PM

Bump :wink:

you're gonna need a big piece of paper for that sucka!

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jul 31, 2007 6:13 PM

Bullet,

I ate the one I'm holding :wink: but my friend painted the bigger black grouper (on the left) for me as it was the biggest grouper I've caught to date.

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: GMAN 2007-07-31 18:14 ]

that looks fantastic, g!

have you made any posts about how you make these? if so, i missed it, and if not, would you?

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Aug 23, 2007 2:14 PM

Bump.

Z
Zaya posted on Thu, Aug 23, 2007 2:53 PM

These are just incredible! The detail is amazing. I would love to see how you do them. I think my favorite is Octopus #1, but they're all so cool it's hard to choose. That's it, I'm saving my money! :)

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Aug 23, 2007 5:26 PM

Zaya,

Talk to Buzzy.....he may have some to show you....

Thanks for looking :)

-G

g, i got my rubbing and i really dig it. thanks for the framing tips too. i'll post a pic after it's framed. might be a while as i'm on a budget after oasis! :blush:

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Aug 23, 2007 5:48 PM

I hear ya Bullet. I'm glad it got there OK. I'm glad you likee too!

-G

I gonna get one real soon!!!! Did you ever find the red one that's on your website???

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Aug 24, 2007 1:54 PM

Yep, I'll send you a PM.

-G

Well I get home from work today and what do I find sitting on my front door step? My first piece of GMAN art! G, I can't thank you enough! This thing is bada$$, I love it!

Craig

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Oct 1, 2007 2:19 PM

Bump - I believe all of these are gone now. If you are interested in a specific subject or species, lemme know. I keep a decent stock of rubbings on hand and will also do commissions as I am able.

-G

J

Gman's work is incredible. They look a lot better in person than they do in his photographs, even though they look stunning on line.

We are the proud owners of few of these and here is one that we had time to get framed and hung. These are just too cool. We are excited to have this on the wall. As soon as we get another room painted we will hang the rest.

It's bigger and makes a grander statement than the photo shows, the frame is just under 4 feet long.

• JP

[ Edited by: JohnnyP 2008-01-28 16:57 ]

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jan 28, 2008 6:11 PM

:D

B

Master G,

Can you do a Japanese Bunny Rubbing?

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jan 29, 2008 2:18 PM

I can do a rabbit fish.....

B

Actually, that sounds kind of interesting...

H
harro posted on Tue, Jan 29, 2008 4:59 PM

:o :o :o

what the...

is that a...

did that come from springfield lake?

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jan 29, 2008 6:04 PM

yep, that's a rabbit fish! :lol: You speaka my language!

Pages: 1 29 replies