Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

San Diego Tikiland M.I.A.?!!?

Pages: 1 6 replies

Has anyone been to Tikiland in SD lately? My wife and I were on vacation there a month ago, and we bought so much stuff that we had to have some of it shipped back to us in sunny Pittsburgh. The only problem is, we haven't received our stuff yet, and I have not been able to contact Cobain at Tikiland AT ALL. Sadly, emails are not returned and phone calls are not answered. I am so excited to have a 5ft. tall Moai head in our bar The Matango Room for an upcoming luau, but I am feeling nothing but frustration every time my calls are not returned. Does anyone know something I don't?

A

Gosh, I hope not! I rely on that place for quite a bit of decor.

Have you tried calling both locations?

http://www.tikiland.net/

Wow, that stinks that you're having trouble. I stopped by the Sports Arena store a couple weeks ago, they were there as usual and said they'd be unloading a new container in the next couple days.

I found a business card and just called now - someone did answer and said they were open until 5pm today - so maybe just keep trying at different times? The number I used is 619-291-8454.

Good luck!

Thanks for the great suggestions, guys! I actually forgot that they had a 2nd location. Unfortunately, the 2nd location phone is disconnected. GULP. I've now officially tried all three phone numbers plus their email address with no luck. I'm getting the feeling that I just flushed $400.00....

A

I wouldn't give up hope just yet. If Bamalamalu got through to them today, then they must still be in business. But I do know that a big part of Tikiland's business is party rentals. And with summer officially here, I'd bet they're crazy busy right now.

I believe Cobain is on Vacation, and he is computer challenged, so e-mails from him I wouldn't count on, Buzzy might be running the show though, someone has to keep the doors open.

I'm happy to say that I talked to Buzzy, and he is clearing everything up! Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions!

Pages: 1 6 replies