Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Tiki Internet Radio

Pages: 1 17 replies

T

Hey kids!

So what's your fav tunes while hanging with the bunch at TikiCentral? I'm talking internet radio bub. GreenLounge is probably my fav. But I'd like to know if you've got some faves that maybe are a little tighter with the tiki vibe.

So get out your scribble sticks and drop a line to let us in on your choice internet radio stations.

S

See the signature. I scaled back a bit on the Polynesian cuts after Hukilau 2002, but there is still plenty.

B

I gotta hand it to ya Swanky, your Swank Pad and Tiki Kiliki's Country Fried Hot Rod make for some excellent Internet listening.
...and both Devlar Surf Sessions are great too!

T

SwankPad, nice, smooth, like a well made drink. I'm diggin' it. Aural candy.

Check out Ron and Jean's Show Radio Rumpus Room. They have usually throw it around quite a bit but usually you can get plenty of good listenin'

Check um out here:

http://www2.bitstream.net/~rumpus2/text/pdlaunch.html

Phil Dirt's also has a site with a link to KFJC. He has beeen doing a surf show there for years called Reverb Cental.
Check his show out here:

http://www.spies.com/~reverb/central.html

While you are at Reverb Cental, check out his music links page because it has plenty of links to more Instro/Surf shows on the web.
Enjoy!

Chongolio

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-01-27 17:16 ]

S

Well gee, I've just added my station to the fray. I hope you all like it. I hope to expand soon. Right now my measly 100 MB only gets me 3 hours of music. Once I have a few more listeners I will triple my music.

Right now it's mostly Martin Denny with a bit of Arthur Lyman. When I expand I'll be adding more Denny, some Robert Drasnin, Les Baxter and a few things by some others.

I'm trying to stick firmly with the Exotica. I prefer not to stray.

Mix up a Missionary's Downfall and enjoy!

Hey, check out my radio station on live365. It's called Exotica Tiki Lounge
http://www.live365.com/stations/300703

[ Edited by: stunrut on 2003-02-22 12:57 ]

[ Edited by: stunrut on 2003-02-22 13:00 ]

I'm listening to your station now, stunrut. Very nice!

S

Thank you! Thank you very much! I appreciate that.

It's nice to check my stats and see that someone other than me is listening.

I'll add some more variety soon.

Stunrut- I've tried a couple of times to listen to your station and I keep getting a error message.

D

Me too, I'm getting a error reading.

S

I'm glad you are doing this. However, you are breaking the law by having so many songs by the same artist in so many hours. But hey. As long as Live 365 doesn't stop you, it's cool.

I would be glad to donate some tracks to your station if you want. I have a lot more than I use on my broadcast. Email me and we can work out a way to get them to you.

S

I have plenty. It's just that when I was uploading I ran into that 100 MB wall a lot faster than I thought I would. I'll have to fix it soon.

S

I don't understand the error messages. I even tried it on dial-up and even though I was unable to get a good stream of audio I still didn't get an error. Hmmm.

S

Hey kids! I've added some more music to my radio station. I've put in some Les Baxter, some Robert Drasnin and a smattering of others.

Sit back, pull down the shades and relax with a Mai Tai...

S

[ Edited by: stunrut on 2003-03-05 13:48 ]

S

Hey kids! I've added some more music to my radio station. I've put in some Les Baxter, some Robert Drasnin and a smattering of others.

Sit back, pull down the shades and relax with a Mai Tai...

V

TikiGuy and Everybody -

My station is dedicated to Exotica and is perfect for chilling out with a few gooey drinks -- or in the cubicle!

Check it out:

Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge
http://www.live365.com/stations/brianeh

Aloha,
Vic

S

I'm still adding things as I find them. I've almost doubled the length of my music loop. I'm trying to mix things in instead of lumping all the new stuff together.

I've found a group called Los Indios Trabajaras. They have a great sound and some of it is close enough to exotica to earn it a place on my station with titles like "Song of the Islands" and "Magic is in the Moonlight".

I added about 20 or so new songs. I hope you like it.

Pages: 1 17 replies