Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

4th of July Tiki Spectacle w/ WAITIKI featuring no music!

Pages: 1 1 replies

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Tue, Jul 3, 2007 7:30 PM

Okonkuluku

This is an official unofficial post about WAITIKI not having a show! However, 50% of WAITIKI will be in full force at Mr. Ho's pad tomorrow as I prep to host a bbq and expand the realm of the tiki cocktail above beyond and behind the non tiki-aware people. This will include some serbian, brazilians, and a swiss person.

We've charred a lot of mammal this summer already and tomorrow's theme is PORK and POLYNESIA. While we don't plan to have pake food, the pork selections will be of high-quality, especially the local brazilian varietities.

At the last bbq about a week ago, i hooked one of my new bands (www.myspace.com/orchestraofthis) onto tiki cocktails and , shit - my bar went dry. THem boyz and gals did a fine job (rookies didn't know the power of a Mayor of Exotica Rum Barrel, or TMOX-Barrel for short.

However, luckily it's been restocked. the Mayor's is going to be the on-call Mixologist; a real treat given he's a full professor at OKU University (search for Okonkuluku on YouTube). Recent aquisitions include a gourmet peach liquer find, a bounty of local brazilian products including Goya's Guava, Papaya, and Coconut waters (while sugared, they are better than nothing) and of course, a decent selection of Rums and organic lime juice. We estimate it will be a double shaker afternoon and I may need to abandon the Mammal-Charring station in favor of backup mixologing.

You should have your Rendezvous in Okonkuluku or Charred Mammal Flesh on tomorrow if your day is anything like ours.

Okonkuluku and okonkuluku and axolotol all night longol. We'll be primed and prepped and perplexed to see the pops on the plesplanade (i only live a few miles away). Maybe you will see me on camera (i know where they are stationed along Storrow and Memorial drive).

Until I meet you in your dreams,

mr. ho

HC

say it ain't so Ho
that charred pig flesh
and mixes fresh
will cause you not to play!
just get the Serb
and Swiss some herb
then Brazil beat all day.

Aloha, Hula Cat (another anxious NE tiki tour fan)

Pages: 1 1 replies