Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki BOB Lives Again!!!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Ok, I'm killing myself with laughter...

Lookie what I made this morning while my Chief is out slaving at work (making some extra moolah for our vacation, we'll be at the Mai Kai in Florida in about 3 weeks)!

haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! He actually turned out quite nice, but I can't stop laughing at him!! I'm going to make some other mugs too, just for fun.

I need to take some classes on how to make 1 really good one, then cast him and make like a hundred to sell. Would you buy one if they were available?? I'm not sure if that's allowed either, since someone else created him. I wouldn't want to get into any lawsuits... Just having some fun. But it would be fun to make a little money and enhance the necks of some fine tiki folks out there as well!!

Go ahead and laugh with me, he's just my first try and he's a tad crude... but still lovable..

Mookie

J

What's he made of?

it's polymer clay you buy at a craft store, I molded and carved him, baked him, then painted him with acrylic paint and glossy spray paint...

My girlfriend Sian (the Beachcomber) just loves TIKI BOB! I bet she'd wear one if they go into production!! Nice work...great to see you're having fun...it's what tiki culture is all about!!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai - out of a Tiki Bob mug!

P.S. Does anyone know where, in the evolution of the Tiki Bob mug, the one marked (on the side) 'Chow & Grog' comes? My guess would be that it was an early version.

[ Edited by: POCKETIKI 2007-07-07 12:41 ]

Very fun. I'd buy one, too.

V
virani posted on Sat, Jul 7, 2007 3:57 PM

Looks great. Purple Jade also did some tiny version of some famous tiki mugs. I like the idea.

T

Very cool. And it will fit on my shelf!

UB

How many ounces does it hold?

Hey Mooks, I'll trade one for a Keno Kai sign...please make mine with a flat back so I can glue it to the grill of my truck.

Can't wait to see the new tropical room

Paul

D

bob has lived before. BadMojo made some wonderful Tiki Bobs and Coconut Monkies..

i miss that dude.

Pages: 1 9 replies