Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Wanted-Lobster trap

Pages: 1 6 replies

TL

Anybody out there have a good source for " Wood Lobster Traps/" Preferably in So Cal/Ventura County. I tried "oceanic Arts" on my trip last Saturday but they were fresh out. Thanks. Mahalo.

Hang Loose and Stay Cool

[ Edited by: T1K1 LEE 2007-07-10 16:55 ]

T
TL

Thanks so much TikiPhil for the link . That is an great website. Thanks again.

TL

I tried and i tried to buy one locally but the only one was in Carpinteria and he wanted $150.00. K M A. So I printed out photocopies of some, went to Lowes to buy some supplies and started making my own for "TIKI LEE's POLYNESIAN PATIO & VOODOO LOUNGE" Here are some of the beginning pic's. Thank GOD that this is just for show. If I had to do this for a living, I would probably starve.

The bottom

After two hours

The netting took one hour to lace and tie to the this one side

More to come

Wow. A guy at the flea market had a bunch of them last week. I'm sure they weren't more than $10 or $20. If you want I can see if he's back next week.

Same here. The wife and I were at a free flea market and we came across 5 of them. Mostly in the $20 - $30 range. They do look fairly easy enough to build if you have the time, and your's looks like it is going together good. Part of the fun I always say.

I couldn't find good crates for props in my bar so I built 'em myself from 1" x 2" s and wood lathe.

TL

Thanks for the input. They are cheep enough but shipping them out to SO CAL is in the 80 dollar range. I did find a lawyer in town that has about five of them but he wont part with any.Thank again. Oh by the way, they have crates at Michel's arts and crafts. I don't know if you have a Michel's were you live.

Hang Loose and Stay Cool

[ Edited by: T1K1 LEE 2007-07-20 09:25 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies