Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Theme From Cleopatra

Pages: 1 2 replies

K

Just curious if anyone has this exact LP in their collection:
Theme From "Cleopatra"
on budget Viking label, by The Viking pops Orchestra.

I ask because I have an interest in budget labels and "fake soundtracks", where they take one or two songs from the film and fill the Lp up with original music that COULD have been in the film. I have an interesting LP "Theme From Mondo Cane and more horror music" by Viking Pops, which outside of the "More" theme is all Chaino music.

I'm wondering if this Viking "Cleopatra" is the same? One actual Cleopatra theme and the rest either drumming, Chaino or generic uncredited "belly dance" music..or, if perhaps, it might be pseudo-Eqyptian orchrestral movie music.

Anyone know?
Cheers

IZ

On 2007-07-10 23:27, Kaiwaza wrote:
Just curious if anyone has this exact LP in their collection:
Theme From "Cleopatra"
on budget Viking label, by The Viking pops Orchestra.

I ask because I have an interest in budget labels and "fake soundtracks", where they take one or two songs from the film and fill the Lp up with original music that COULD have been in the film. I have an interesting LP "Theme From Mondo Cane and more horror music" by Viking Pops, which outside of the "More" theme is all Chaino music.

I'm wondering if this Viking "Cleopatra" is the same? One actual Cleopatra theme and the rest either drumming, Chaino or generic uncredited "belly dance" music..or, if perhaps, it might be pseudo-Eqyptian orchrestral movie music.

Anyone know?
Cheers

Kaiwaza,

I'll dig in the record pile and see if I have it. I DO have the Mondo Cane LP you mention. That's just NUTZ! The Cleopatra one sounds really familiar. I'll see what I come up with.

glen

K

Thanks glen..will be looking.

Pages: 1 2 replies