Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

the Simpsons are officially from Springfield Vermont

Pages: 1 8 replies

I knew there is so reason I moved from California to Vermont. Now I know.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/simpsons-contest.htm

[ Edited by: primo kimo 2007-07-15 07:38 ]

T

Congratulations Springfield Vermont! Can't wait to see the footage of premiere night!

Tikisgrl

P.S. I thought people moved to Vermont for fresh air, lower taxes & cows?

FRESH AIR?!? LOWER TAXES?!? ...ya we got cows.

RB
V
VTvid posted on Tue, Nov 27, 2007 6:52 PM

I am one of 200 volunteers who appeared in the winning Springfield Vermont video. After we helped them win, our local Chamber of Commerce turned their back on us. We were excluded from the invitation list, our seats awarded to the elite in town instead. And not even a word of thanks or mention of us in the public ceremony outside the theater. Read more and experience some happier sights and sounds of the world premiere on our website:
The Simpsons Springfield Vermont

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2007-11-28 07:30 ]

Sounds like the work of "Diamond" Joe Quimby.

Vote for Quimby, he'd vote for you if you were running.

On 2007-11-27 18:52, VTvid wrote:
I am one of 200 volunteers who appeared in the winning Springfield Vermont video. After we helped them win, our local Chamber of Commerce turned their back on us. We were excluded from the invitation list, our seats awarded to the elite in town instead. And not even a word of thanks or mention of us in the public ceremony outside the theater. Read more and experience some happier sights and sounds of the world premiere on our website:
The Simpsons Springfield Vermont

Have you tried writing to Matt Groening? I bet he couldn't resist the irony of doing a Simpson's episode of exactly the thing that happened to you. Woo Hoo!

Pages: 1 8 replies