Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

$ 49 for Tak's Mganga - was I nuts ?

Pages: 1 5 replies

S

My curiosity perhaps got the best of me regarding Tak Shindo . I just won a mono Mganga on Ebay for $ 49 . I outbid a guy from Belgium with seconds to go . I'd almost forgotten about the auction , but after coming upstairs and putting on Martin Denny's Quiet Village LP I remembered . There were 4 minutes left to go on the auction . Yikes !

Supposedly the cover's condition is vg++ , with a 4" top seam split. The record's condition is excellent+.

Anyway , from what I understand this is a pretty rare bird , and probably the best Tak album , so I'm happy .

[ Edited by: sushiman 2007-07-14 07:17 ]

H

Sometimes you've got to have it no matter what. Have fun with it, $49 is not going to brake your bank account. :)

Short answer: YES you were nuts :)

Then again it is a great record. $49 is too steep IMHO but if you wanted it NOW and it's in excellent shape you will be happy. Don't lose any sleep, it didn't cost you any more than a nice meal out.

S

Hehe...Well , the guy in Belgium whom I outbid is nuts , too ! : )

On 2007-07-16 10:53, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:

Who can say, really. Nuts is relative. I knew a guy once who almost spent $76 on a record of trumpet blasts and dune buggy engines roaring. Now he was crazy.

On 2007-07-16 23:07, I, Zombie wrote:

On 2007-07-16 10:53, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:

Who can say, really. Nuts is relative. I knew a guy once who almost spent $76 on a record of trumpet blasts and dune buggy engines roaring. Now he was crazy.

That is REALLY NUTS! What kind of MANIAC would do such a thing? :wink: Then again, I'm sure he had good reason... or he was Ebaying Drunk or something. (Something to avoid lest you wind up with an $80 copy of Bug-In.)

[ Edited by: Quince_at_Dannys 2007-07-17 08:10 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies