Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

do not buy from extreme-trading-shop.com!

Pages: 1 12 replies

Sorry for the caps but I want to make this clear to people.

I ordered 6 bottles of Havana Club rum through this company, at a surprising total cost of $160, give or take a few. That's US dollars. They are based in Germany. Anyways I placed my order on June 2nd, and on June 4th they told me it was shipped. What is it now, July 15th? No more e-mail correspondance, no tracking number as I was promised, no communication whatsoever. I opened a claim with PayPal and still they have yet to reply to this matter. I got burned out of my money and I don't want to see anyone else have the same situation happen to them. If it got bagged by customs, that's understandable, but the fact that they haven't responded to a single e-mail in weeks gets me really annoyed. Just don't do business with these people. I can eat $160 bucks, whereas someone else may not be able to, so please take this warning.

S7

Similar experience lately, told bottles were posted, then a week later I was told they would be posted the next day, as he was at a horse-riding competition !!!
A week later threatened him with Paypal.
Another week passes and eventually get a reply from Paypal stating the tracking number.
Obviously going through a hard time at the moment, so use with caution.

T

I'm sorry to hear that.
I got some rum from them and all was fine.
But $160.00 for 6 bottles sounds low, I mean with shipping.
I hope it works out for you.

That's ok, I brought back a whole bunch from Canada yesterday... :)

S

If they send it by ship, it can easily take 6 weeks. They sell on Ebay as well as through their site. I'd have faith it will show up. And I don't think they speak a lot of English. Get Sven to talk to them.

Point is, they aren't responding to my e-mails anymore. I was talking to Alex and he was very quick about responding the first few times - even promised to send me a tracking number once it hit the states. I mean, realistically they should at least respond to mail, especially when given thru paypal for peace of mind at the very least. I either want my stuff, or my money.

S

Thats interesting to hear.I recently emailed them for a quote on postage and it took about a week for a reply.I would give a leg for a bottle of Lemon Hart 151,so i think i'm going to risk it and order some,as it's the only place i think i'll ever have a chance of obtaining some from.Good to know other peoples experiences though.
swizzle

T

Swizzle try here first they work well for me.
Puls I think it will be cheaper.
http://www.wineandliquordepot.com/

T

And one more thing, call them the website sucks.

S

Thanks tikiskip,but i've already tried them,and they won't ship here to Aus.

S

Just wondering if Whinylittlerunt and Squad 701 ever recieved the stuff they ordered from Extreme Trading Company?
I placed an order about three weeks ago and have sent three emails just asking if it has been sent yet,and no reply.
I've just opened a dispute with Paypal and will be interested to see how it ends up.

Hi Swizzle,
Yes, I received my goods pronto, after opening the dispute process with Paypal I received a postal tracking number for the bottles which were received then within a few days.
But within the time period of waiting and wondering I never once got an email from Extreme Trading to explain why there was difficulties or delays, or even an apology for not replying.
I think I'd stick with one of the other German on-line stores for the time being.
As an afterthought I got Pimento Liqueur from Jamaica, Swedish Punsch from Norway, faster than I got a reply from Extreme trading !!!
Best wishes.

Squad 701

I'm in the USA so it wouldn't surprise me if that had something to do with why my order got f'd up.

Pages: 1 12 replies