Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Bar TV Rip Off?

Pages: 1 15 replies

One of my "myspace friends" tried to embed this video on my page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW0-aVgN5bo

It's a video by some people called Team Safari who are clearly copying the Tiki Bar TV kids idea, instead of Tiki it's a space age bachelor pad. At least they use surf & exotica music. Does anyone know what the story is behind these guys? They call themselves Team Safari and the character names are "Dr Dirk Sage" "Patina Paloma" (who is no La La) and the main dude, "Jack Bannon." They have a web site, http://www.teamsafari.com

I'm just curious if Tiki Bar TV is being targeted, or if they copied Team Safari...

P

Clearly a dastardly plot to clone Tiki Bar TV. I agree, Patina Poloma is no Lala, but she's still kinda cute.

Was that a Major Matt Mason?

Absolutely is "Inspired by" Tiki Bar TV, there's no question. I'll have to watch a couple more of them, but even the phrasing and inflections in the main characters voice seem reminiscent of Dr. Tiki.

Chris

T

Like TikiBar TV but without the funny.

both are lame and unfunny....

On 2007-07-18 09:15, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
both are lame and unfunny....

Yeah, what he said!

Clearly a poor man's Tiki Bar TV.

They need an original idea. How about a podcast about a couple of people who run a Tiki discussion board on the Web called Central Tiki? The motley crew of board members, who would appear as guest stars, should provide an endless source of material.

M

Yup, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

TS

i feel as i have been robbed of 4 minutes and 9 seconds of my life + the time it took me to post this....::::walking it off::::::::......

Hmmm...

Over 500 views, only favorited once, and not a single comment.

Wow.

No one even took the trouble to trash it!

Pretty sad.

Guess that's what happens when you make a piss poor copy of something much better.

Detractors of Tiki Bar TV say what you will -- sometimes you just have to see a pitiful retread to fully appreciate the original. Except for Tipsy & Grumpy of course. You guys are excused. (Hey, you two could be the start of a new take on the Seven Dwarfs!)

D

Looks like the 'Bizzaro World' from Seinfeld.

T

It's TikiBar TV, without the Tiki.

Wow, the concept and style are such a ripoff.

Then again...how many network tv shows are a ripoff of each other ?

Patina Paloma has a pretty nice rack tho'.

Yeah, not bad. But nothing compared to LaLa. She is drop-dead freakin hot gorgeous!!!!!!!! Surprised that girl hasn't gone on to bigger stuff yet.

On 2009-04-25 12:38, donhonyc wrote:

Yeah, not bad. But nothing compared to LaLa. She is drop-dead freakin hot gorgeous!!!!!!!! Surprised that girl hasn't gone on to bigger stuff yet.

Well...they're all in LA now...so I think it's just a matter of time.

D

On 2009-04-25 12:50, tikiyaki wrote:

On 2009-04-25 12:38, donhonyc wrote:

Well...they're all in LA now...so I think it's just a matter of time.

Yeah...I saw that party is tonight. I guess once she hits the big time we can all say we knew (about) her when.

W

I have seen neither. Ever. Yet I feel this topic is of such complete unimportance that we should all pile on. If we do not offer up random, factless opinions we will sit quietly by and let those who care control everything. That, my friends (and my enemies), would be madness.

Pages: 1 15 replies