Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Spanish Tiki Mugs Online

Pages: 1 15 replies

The people from Porcelanas Pavón that make the Spanish tiki mugs now have an English version of their website where you can order a truckload of different designs, ranging from rather ugly to fantastic.
I tried it out and ordered a few, and these arrived today:

Very friendly people, carefully packed mugs.
Good thing is that they accept PayPal too.

The downside for everybody in the States is that the euro is very expensive at the moment,
and you probably have to pay a lot for shipping & taxes.
For once I'm happy with the European Union (no custom taxes :D)

And no, I don't work for them!

The Dorktones page
Listen to our podcast

[ Edited by: snackbar 2007-07-18 10:40 ]

[ Edited by: snackbar 2007-07-18 22:09 ]

I'm having problems converting Euro to US, know a good conversion chart?
Or if I contact them will they have the conversion?

thanks

i've ordered a few time from porcelanas pavon. everything arrived promptly and in perfect condition. they have a lot of crazy mugs and bowls.

You can also use this conversion site:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Ha. That effectively ends my dream of exclusively selling their line in the States. As far as I knew, until recently they had only been willing to go with wholesale orders of twelve or more per piece, but that seems to have changed. They seemed to have figured that single orders are worth their while. Time to put my remaining Kon-Ids on e-bay.

Shows what a businessman I am. I deserve it for being so slow with getting a new batch. I simply had gotten a little weary of the difficulties with the different shippers they had used for my orders, and the customs b.s., and so on, and that to make a profit after shipping costs raised the price to where it limited the customer base.

I still think my choices represent the best of their designs. I don't go for their garishly colored/ wacky nondescript ones, they're too far out for me.

Nevertheless, my Kon-Id label lives on and will be on other quality Tiki wares in the future.

And who is out there to finance a Spain/Portugal expedition for me so I can photograph all the remaining Tiki temples there, and publish them AND the mugs and menus in my book project "Aloha Amigo" !!? :) C'mon...!

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2007-07-18 17:22 ]

Thanks guys!

I do have another question... on the prices they have it listed as: PVP EURO 17,91
Is there suppose to be a "." instead of a "," Or is that not the price?

Continental Europeans use the , instead of the . to indicate the decimal point

I ordered like 20 mugs from them back in November. 2 of them arrived broken. I contacted PP and they said they would give me a refund or replacement (if I pay postage), which I never got, nor did he ever return any of my follow-up emails. It was a kind offer on their part, but then he just completely ignored me and never followed through, so that kinda bugged me. He could have told me "tuff luck, deal with DHL" and I would have been ok with it, but don't tell me you are going to do something and then not follow through. But all-in-all, the mugs were packaged really well and they are awesome mugs. I think 2 broke just because of the weight of the box. I was lucky enough to actually go to Spain a few years back and drink out of them and purchase a few mugs. I just had to have more. (Sorry for my rant)

Sorry to hear about that TikiTrevor.........
The folks at Porcelanas Pavon have been really nice to me everytime I order from them.....good people who make really great Tiki mugs!
Ramon Rules!

..order less mugs per shipment and odds are they will arrive fine....the more mugs you order all at once, the greater the possibility of one or 2 arriving busted..no??

Tipsy, your logic is flawless!

Am I correct in assuming that 17,91 is pretty much the same as 18 euros for 1 mug only. Is this correct or are they selling these by the dozen? It seems very expensive.

Just another reason to go to Spain...

T

Well I've never been to Spain
But I kinda like the music
Say the ladies are insane there
And they sure know how to use it
They don't abuse it
Never gonna lose it
I can't refuse, umm

Snagged about half dozen Pavon tikis during a visit this past September. Took the train from Madrid to Aranjuez and from there drove to Borox. The scorpion bowl is really my favorite along with the Suffering Bastard.

Pages: 1 15 replies